P2 battery in a Phantom 1?

Reaction score
Is there a way to use a P2 battery in a P1 phantom using only the P1 electrics? Does any one make an adapter that will work? I know the P2 battery will probably not fit in the P1's battery opening, but I don't have an issue running it outside if the shell. Is it too much of a hassle to deal with? Would a better option be selling the P2 batteries and getting better P1 batteries?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Simple answer to your question .... buy larger 3S LiPo XT-60 connector type batteries to accomplish what you want.

The P2 batteries odd shape, much larger size, much higher weight and unique connector
don't make it a good candidate for use in the P1.

Simple answer to your question .... buy larger 3S LiPo XT-60 connector type batteries to accomplish what you want.

The P2 batteries odd shape, much larger size, much higher weight and unique connector
don't make it a good candidate for use in the P1.

Thanks, just wanted to see if I can use what was at hand.

Not looking to invest in a newer model. Been there done with my rc cars/trucks.
Just gonna sell or trade off the 2 P2 batteries and charger and get better P1 style batteries

Not looking to invest in a newer model. Been there done with my rc cars/trucks.
Just gonna sell or trade off the 2 P2 batteries and charger and get better P1 style batteries
My self I made the phantom 1.5 and I run the multistar 5200 mah 3s and run it as low as 11.2 volts and it bounces back as strong as the first day I bought it

Same ^ as above + have the floureon 5500 batteries but have mine set at 11.3v to be safe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20