P1 vs P3 Pro - Flying With Briefly Obstructed Views?

Reaction score
I've had a Phantom 1 with a gimbal and GoPro 3 for a couple of years. I'm thinking about buying a Phantom 3 Pro.

Obstructions, even brief obstructions at relatively short distances scramble my video signal on the Phantom 1. For instance, flying around the top corner of a two story building.

Would this happen with the Phantom 3 Pro? How locked on is the video signal while flying? Anyone gone from a Phantom 1 to Phantom 3? Was it worth it?

Thanks

It is like night and day. I haven't flown extremely far but I have been on the other side of buildings and I never lost video. I have the P3 advanced.

I thought the P1 was faster, but the P3 makes up for that by being more responsive and snappier with the controls. It is also locked on and much more steady in its hovers. Plus the flight time is no comparison. It's easy to get 20 minute flights which were impossible with the P1.

I would actually get a P3 Advanced. It's a much better buy and you are basically getting the Pro without the 4K (which most people don't need anyway since most TVs can't play it). This makes the Advanced one hell of a buy right now at 799.

Reactions: Meta4
I would actually get a P3 Advanced. It's a much better buy and you are basically getting the Pro without the 4K (which most people don't need anyway since most TVs can't play it). This makes the Advanced one hell of a buy right now at 799.
I don't think you can sum it up like that, you don't know what most people "need". I do know that I personally bought the P3P because I wanted the option to have higher bitrate video transmission so I could install the hdmi module and use goggles. I also record in 4k so i can have wiggle room during editing, also you can "zoom" in quite a bit during editing if you output to a 1080p resolution. Some people might just want 4k so they can upload to youtube in 4k even if they don't currently have a 4k tv. I can play and edit my 4k videos on my old computer with a Phenom 2 processor and 8gb of DDR2 Ram and a GE Force GT 730 Video card so it doesn't really take much to process these 4k videos.
Edit: and I don't have a 4k computer monitor either btw.

Reactions: m0j0
Hey Rastus, if you are really serious about getting the Pro I can send you a Bestbuy code that will give you 10 percent off. They sent the offer to me but I have nothing left I need to buy from them atm. Also the Pro is on sale so that puts your post-tax total to $1110.89 (depending on your local sales tax rate) PM me if you are interested and serious (It is a one time use code and I want to make sure I give it to someone who will actually use it) They don't have the Advanced in stock currently so it will only work on the Pro.

Attachments

• Bestbuy Sale.jpg
    Bestbuy Sale.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 369
Thank you for the reply's. Sounds like there's a big difference.
Sinisalo, I'll let you know if I decide to go for it. Thanks for the offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues