P1 vs. P2 props and prop guards.

Reaction score
When I order my Phantom FC40 I want to order the prop guards too. Not only to prevent prop damage (possibly resulting in prop failure later during flight and much greater damage) but also to prevent damage to man and beast and property if it would ever go where I don't want it to go and collide with any of those.

Now people have reported prolonged flight time when using the P2 props, which is nice. I understand these larger P2 props might reach outside the P1 prop guards which kind of negates their purpose. Recently DJI has announced the P2 prop guards too which makes me wonder whether I should buy those and also a few sets of P2 props and mount these on the FC40. I would start with the P1 props but would then be able to upgrade to P2 props a while later and still have properly guarded props.

I'd like to hear from people who have P2 props and P1 guards and especially from people who use both P2 props and P2 guards on a P1 or FC40 ('P1-family').

I like guards and have them on order for the P2. I changed props on the P1 and the guards are no longer useful so I ordered a set of guards for them. Won't know for a while since the guards are coming from China and will be a while it seems.

The guards saved my props on the first flight (lost orientation and had to set it down quickly) - it squatted on a curb (kerb for Shrimpy and Pull_up ;-}) and promptly fell over on its side on the concrete. Would have lost the tips I think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj