P1 software??

I fully agree wespecially Monte55. I also have set the bottom right switch to Manual for 2 additional reasons.
The first is that I can trigger RTH , if really necessary and in panic, by switching off the radio:within 3(or 5) seconds it will go in failsafe and Return to Home.
The second is that I want to have the possibility, using manual mode, to drive my P1 even in case of complete fail of GPS and barometer: i know that manual mode is difficult and risky, but is the only way to try to recover in case the fly help tools get crazy or not available.
I thought about this a long time. Flying in manual is not easy especially in wind. But, if all else fails and its your last resort...use it. Takeoffs are great in manual. My Phantoms usually are carrying something. One has gimbal and gopro. Another has Fatshark video transmitter. Then at times it has to carry the gps tracker. A loaded Phantom 1 does not take off well just by raising the throttle. At least that has been my experience. I must be doing something right. My first P1 from April 2014 is still pristine and flies well. Never have used any spare props yet on any of them. Now when I modified one with camera and gimbal using a Multistar 4000 ma battery and testing 9450 props , and did not use manual for takeoff, I chipped two new props as it tipped in my gravel drive. . Already rreplaced. Bottom line.....do what works for you.

ok..sounds good. I'll check it out and decide which way I want to go. With that said, I just got my drone from Fedex. Now, the guy I bought it from was getting rid of EVERYTHING..so I got extra legs, batteries, parts and more parts...I ALSO got TWO controllers (Transmitters) one that has the tilt lever on the back for the gimble and one that does not. do these controllers just "bind" with the drone when you turn them on and sync up..or if the controller that has the gimble tilt controller is NOT "bound" to the drone, how do I bind it, so I can use the one with the gimble tilt control?

ok..sounds good. I'll check it out and decide which way I want to go. With that said, I just got my drone from Fedex. Now, the guy I bought it from was getting rid of EVERYTHING..so I got extra legs, batteries, parts and more parts...I ALSO got TWO controllers (Transmitters) one that has the tilt lever on the back for the gimble and one that does not. do these controllers just "bind" with the drone when you turn them on and sync up..or if the controller that has the gimble tilt controller is NOT "bound" to the drone, how do I bind it, so I can use the one with the gimble tilt control?

The procedure to bind is in chapter A3 of the Phantom advanced manual attached below.
The transmitter with the tilt lever was the stock transmitter for Phantom 1.1.1, that has 2 antennas coming out from the legs and Naza M V2 inside(the one with orange cover while the previous one had a red cover ).
I suggest you to go to
DJI Phantom Drone
to download all the instruction manuals and, eventually, the right software for driver and NazaM Assistant (that is NOT the last version, useful for P2).

Attachments

• PHANTOM_Advanced_Manual_en.pdf
    655.5 KB · Views: 280
well, I got it all unboxed....looks like the TX was already "bound" to the drone..so no problems there. I connected to NazaM software, and turned ON "IOC", did a motor test, and in the IMU it did say I needed to recalibrate, so first I exported the default config to my computer, and then did both a basic config and then the advance config just to be sure. I didn't turn on the gimble yet, as I don't have mine yet to install. I did check the "X1" gimble tilt control and that needed a little tweaking, but got that taken care of. So I think I am setting pretty good. Any other "things" you guys think of that I might have missed??

well, I got it all unboxed....looks like the TX was already "bound" to the drone..so no problems there. I connected to NazaM software, and turned ON "IOC", did a motor test, and in the IMU it did say I needed to recalibrate, so first I exported the default config to my computer, and then did both a basic config and then the advance config just to be sure. I didn't turn on the gimble yet, as I don't have mine yet to install. I did check the "X1" gimble tilt control and that needed a little tweaking, but got that taken care of. So I think I am setting pretty good. Any other "things" you guys think of that I might have missed??

You miss the selection of the function to be associated to the bottom position of the right switch.
Then, as soon as you are in field and ready to fly, remember the first time , after power ON, to calibrate the compass with the "calibration dance": do this operation far away from metal structures(even hidden underground), high voltage power lines, mobile phones or other wireless devices. Then you are ready to fly.

P.S. the compass calibration is not necessary to be done each time you fly. It is recommended every time you change your bird configuration(e.g. add the gimbal) or if you fly in a place significantly far away (several tens of km.) from the place you normally fly. All these directions are in the Phantom quick and advanced manuals that you can download from the site I mentioned in my previous post.

hey guys...took my P1 for it's maiden voyage today. Flight went really smooth. It was windy, gusts about 5-6mph. No big deal. I flew it around for about 7-8 minutes...seems like the used batteries that came with it, aren't the best, but I'll be getting new ones soon.

Anyway, I did have a question on the blinky lights on the back of the P1. I did ALL of the calibrations, did the compass setup, etc. today was cloudy and windy...I took the P1 outside, turned on my controller, then the P1....it goes through a setup..that consists of the "beeps" then 1 green, 4 red blinks, 1 green, 4 red blinks, 1 green 4 red blinks..then many green..then 1 green, 3 red blinks, 1 green 3 red blinks..etc etc...then multiple greens again, then 1 green 1 red blink, 1 green 1 red blink...then finally just green, slow blinking. So I know it's ready. I always thought it was yellow blinks...how come mine does red? Also, when I was flying it in the air, I noticed every once in a while it blink green, red, slowly... then back to just green. Then finally when I landed it was blinking reds...so I assume it was running out of battery?????

Any help on the blinking lights would be great. Thanks
Dan

hey guys...took my P1 for it's maiden voyage today. Flight went really smooth. It was windy, gusts about 5-6mph. No big deal. I flew it around for about 7-8 minutes...seems like the used batteries that came with it, aren't the best, but I'll be getting new ones soon.

Anyway, I did have a question on the blinky lights on the back of the P1. I did ALL of the calibrations, did the compass setup, etc. today was cloudy and windy...I took the P1 outside, turned on my controller, then the P1....it goes through a setup..that consists of the "beeps" then 1 green, 4 red blinks, 1 green, 4 red blinks, 1 green 4 red blinks..then many green..then 1 green, 3 red blinks, 1 green 3 red blinks..etc etc...then multiple greens again, then 1 green 1 red blink, 1 green 1 red blink...then finally just green, slow blinking. So I know it's ready. I always thought it was yellow blinks...how come mine does red? Also, when I was flying it in the air, I noticed every once in a while it blink green, red, slowly... then back to just green. Then finally when I landed it was blinking reds...so I assume it was running out of battery?????

Any help on the blinking lights would be great. Thanks
Dan

Don't warry:the sequence is perfect and is exactly like mine P1.1.1.
The green/red flashing with red reducing from 4 to 0 is the process to lock the satellites: as many satellites are locked the number of blinking red flashing reduce.When more than 6 are locked, the red disappears. The multiple flashing green the first time means that the front of the quad is recorded for IOC course Lock(it should appear after about 30 seconds the quad is powered up and is steady). The second set(that should appear as soon as you start the motors), means that the home position is recorded for IOC home lock and RTH. The temporary 1 red flashing that you have while flying means that for a while your locked satellites became 6, than more than 6:it can happen if you fly close to ground in a valley, or close to trees or houses.
The yellow led will flash only if you exit from the GPS mode(in Atti) or you activate one of the IOC functions(Course Lock or Home Lock).
These functions are summarized in the attached document that is part of the operating manuals I strongly suggest you to download from the DJI site I posted in one of my previous answers.

Attachments

• PHANTOM_Flying_Flowchart_v1.0_en.pdf
    558.8 KB · Views: 264

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik