P1 software??

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just bought a P1 off Ebay. Just to knock around the yard and neighborhood with for fun. I don't think it comes with software...anyone know where I can download the Naza and other software for the P1 ??

Thanks for any help

Hey guys,

just bought a P1 off Ebay. Just to knock around the yard and neighborhood with for fun. I don't think it comes with software...anyone know where I can download the Naza and other software for the P1 ??

Thanks for any help

Hey Flyweed, the P1 Naza M V2 Assistant software for Windows is definitely still on DJI's website. Not only has it not been removed, but here's the link...

Naza-M V2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Have fun with your P1. It's a great bird with none of the "smart" battery headaches of P2, 3, and 4, not to mention the expense. And no flight prohibitions built in to the software. You're still expected to fly responsibly, of course, but it sounds like from your original post, that that's the plan anyway. Have fun and be sure to ask questions here about mods, upgrades, accessories, etc. There's a lot of folks on here, not only willing, but eager to share their expertise. Fly safe/fly happy...

Hey guys,

Thanks for any help

Here you can find the software specific for Phantom 1.
Please, note that Naza has further and most recent versions, but I am not sure they apply to P1.
If you want to be sure about DJI recommended P1 software , follow this link and click on the P4 image to make it disappearing: do not click the pushbuttons in P4 picture, because they drive you to a page where you cannot find references to P1 anymore.

DJI Phantom Drone

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the input. I have the software loaded onto my laptop now. I can't wait to start some upgrades. I know I am getting a brushless gimbal already for my Go Pro to shoot a little video. Other than that..who knows...maybe some bigger batteries, for longer flights????

I do have one question already...when I open the Naza software, the screen has a smaller pop up screen that asks for screen name and password. What do I do with that? Just cancel out of it??

I do have one question already...when I open the Naza software, the screen has a smaller pop up screen that asks for screen name and password. What do I do with that? Just cancel out of it??

If I well remember, I had to register to the DJI site ( www.DJI.com ): it is a free of charge registration.
Then you insert your e-mail and password in the Nazam software: after the first successfull access the prompt will not appear again. Honestly I do not remember if I try simply to skip the prompt and if I could access anyway.

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the input. I have the software loaded onto my laptop now. I can't wait to start some upgrades. I know I am getting a brushless gimbal already for my Go Pro to shoot a little video. Other than that..who knows...maybe some bigger batteries, for longer flights????

Hey Fly. just saw your question about bigger batteries. I was probably two weeks into my first Phantom and got tired of the 10 minute flight times. So I upgraded the props to 9450s and the batteries to Turnigy Multistar 4000 mAh. The props and batteries gave me an additional four to six minutes flight time. That was before I added the FPV equipment, but still pulling down around fifteen minutes fully loaded.

good to know..when I need some more blades, and get the hang of this, I am certain, I'll be wanting better batteries. Where can I get the best price on those Turnigy Multistar 4000 mah ???

good to know..when I need some more blades, and get the hang of this, I am certain, I'll be wanting better batteries. Where can I get the best price on those Turnigy Multistar 4000 mah ???

OK, it's been a while since I got batteries, but here's a pretty good price from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Multistar-Hig...qid=1459360113&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_1&sr=8-1-fkmr0

and for the thrust boosted blades, this is almost HALF what I paid not too long ago...

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-CP-PT-000...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

just make absolutely certain the blades are DJI genuine equipment. The ones in the link are...

the link you posted for the "props" people are giving 1 star, and saying they are not genuine DJI props..they are lighter, thinner and don't have DJI stamped on them.

the link you posted for the "props" people are giving 1 star, and saying they are not genuine DJI props..they are lighter, thinner and don't have DJI stamped on them.

That's weird, cause it's the exact place I bought mine from and they were in DJI packaging and had a DJI part number. Well, it's good you checked, so just keep looking. Ebay has some, but you really have to be careful there. Good luck...

well my P1 arrives tomorrow! Can't wait. I couldn't contain myself however, and I ordered a 2 axis brushless gimble..the one that has quite a few good reviews on various sites..yeah it's chinese. I also ordered the SJ4000 (real one, not one of the many knock offs) for my camera...so I think I am all set for now, until I upgrade the blades, and batteries. But I think I've spent enough for now, and just want to get into the air! :)

well my P1 arrives tomorrow! Can't wait. I couldn't contain myself however, and I ordered a 2 axis brushless gimble..the one that has quite a few good reviews on various sites..yeah it's chinese. I also ordered the SJ4000 (real one, not one of the many knock offs) for my camera...so I think I am all set for now, until I upgrade the blades, and batteries. But I think I've spent enough for now, and just want to get into the air! :)

cool beans, weeder. If you have any questions on the SJCAM, let me know. It's a great camera and does everything I need without the $399 price of a GoBlow. Have fun and don't rush into the air. I'm sure you've done your research and study beforehand, but it's easy to skip something like preflight in a rush to get airborne.
Fly safe/fly happy

Do not forget that your P1 will come with IOC disabled and the middle and bottom positions of the right switch programmed both for ATTI mode.
So the first thing you have to do is to connect with the NazaM assistant and enable IOC (for course lock and home lock functions) and decide what to do with the bottom position of the right switch(Manual or Return to Home). In addition your assistant will tell you if your IMU needs a calibration that you can perform directly from the Nazam Assistant software.
Also do not forget to export the default parameters and save in a file, before doing any modification to your parameters.
Finally, as you plan to have a gimbal, do not forget to enable the gimbal control to be ready to drive the gimbal pitch from your radio .

Thanks....yeah first thing I am going to do is get the gimble mounted and wired..then I'll connect the P1 up to the NazaM and enable IOC. I am going to make the right switch, bottom position the "return to home" function.

Can't wait to just get it hooked up to my computer, to check everything over, and then get it out for a test flight. :)

flyweed said:
Thanks....yeah first thing I am going to do is get the gimble mounted and wired..then I'll connect the P1 up to the NazaM and enable IOC. I am going to make the right switch, bottom position the "return to home" futhrottle
Can't wait to just get it hooked up to my computer, to check everything over, and then get it out for a test flight. :)
One thing you might consider. I have 3 P1s . All three I have the right switch ..S1..lower position set to manual. I never liked how slow the props speed up for take off in gps or atti by just raising the throttle fully. This leads to tip overs. When I take off, I flip S1 down to manual. The throttle is spring loaded to center position. By using manual, the props spin up very fast and the quad pops straight up with no problems. As soon as its up about 5 feet or so, immediately flip S1 back to gps or atti. If I need to use failsafe in an emergency, I can just turn transmitter off. I wish I could have RTH failsafe and manual at the same time to select from but you cant.

One thing you might consider. I have 3 P1s . All three I have the right switch ..S1..lower position set to manual. I never liked how slow the props speed up for take off in gps or atti by just raising the throttle fully. This leads to tip overs. When I take off, I flip S1 down to manual. The throttle is spring loaded to center position. By using manual, the props spin up very fast and the quad pops straight up with no problems. As soon as its up about 5 feet or so, immediately flip S1 back to gps or atti. If I need to use failsafe in an emergency, I can just turn transmitter off. I wish I could have RTH failsafe and manual at the same time to select from but you cant.

I fully agree with Monte55. I also have set the bottom right switch to Manual for 2 additional reasons.
The first is that I can trigger RTH , if really necessary and in panic, by switching off the radio:within 3(or 5) seconds it will go in failsafe and Return to Home.
The second is that I want to have the possibility, using manual mode, to drive my P1 even in case of complete fail of GPS and barometer: i know that manual mode is difficult and risky, but is the only way to try to recover in case the fly help tools get crazy or not available.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj