P1 / P2 Video Tx Wire Compatibility

Reaction score
I bought a used kit from a P1 for my P2. It includes an Immersion 600mW transmitter with two wires. One is the power while the other is a direct cable to the GoPro (usb).

Can I reuse the two wires?

Thank you!

Andrey320 said:
I bought a used kit from a P1 for my P2. It includes an Immersion 600mW transmitter with two wires. One is the power while the other is a direct cable to the GoPro (usb).

Can I reuse the two wires?

Thank you!

The ImmersionRC 600mW is definitely useful, many folks around here run that transmitter. the cable, probably not so much and here's why:
Are you putting in an iOSD Mini? You should. OSD information is invaluable when you're flying around FPV, and it sounds like those cables you have are for direct Gopro - transmitter. additionally, where do you pick up power for the transmitter?

Phantom 2's work a lot different from Phantom 1's... can I assume you have a Zenmuse gimbal, like a H3-3D? If so, the gimbal will connect to the gopro and bring a video signal from the gopro up to the Phantom mainboard. From there, you need this $10cable to tie the Phantom mainboard, iOSD Mini, and video transmitter together. and yes, I picked the right version of the cable for the IRC600.
If you don't have a Zenmuse gimbal or for some other reason want to go straight from gopro to the Tx (not recommended) then yea the cable you have should work since it's just going straight from the gopro to the transmitter, but how do you power the transmitter? the $10 cable I linked also provides power from the Phantom mainboard ;)

basically, I'm recommending you to set up proper FPV with iOSD Mini using that cable I linked, but again I am assuming you have a Zenmuse gimbal.

Your assumption and recommendations are absolutely correct QYV! I have the iOSD and came to the same conclusion as you recommended and purchased the cable last night.
Thank you again for your input!

my pleasure mate. enjoy!

have you checked out the "lowest prices" stickythead? it's got some other peripherals in there such as display mount for the RC that you may not have thought of.

Yes, QYV, I've been using your thread to get oriented. That is where I bought the cable from.
The used P1 FPV set I got had the monitor, monitor mount, transmitter, some upgraded antennas, and the wires being discussed here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic