P1 install problem

Reaction score
Just finished the install on my P1. Also added the upgrade board (P330).

The gimbal is getting power and is charging the GoPro, but is otherwise dead. I updated the Naza V2, MC and P330 via Assistant, all was good. Tried to update the GCU and IMU via the Gimbal Assistant... it's not seeing either one. Says they have to be connected. Well if the P330 in plugged into the laptop, then they are connected, right? I've seen mention of plugging in via the micro USB on the GCU, but no such cord was provided. Also under the impression that's only if using the stock board and a PMU.

Any ideas or painfully obvious thing I'm missing? Surprise surprise, the DJI Wiki offers zero help. Hopefully I didn't get a DOA gimbal. Pretty sure I can even hear the motors running in the thing when power is on, but no ife other than charging the camera.

Cheers.

They get updated through the normal NAZA Assistant when they're connected to an upgrade board, not the Gimbal Assistant...that software is just for those using one with a stand-alone GCU (non-Phantom platforms)

Thanks for the reply. Should have mentioned that the Naza Assistant is also not seeing the gimbal. All it seeS is the P330, MC, Tx and GPS.

And for what it's worth, the gimbal gets quite warm within a few minutes of power being applied. Not sure if that's a red flag, or par for the course.

That's probably just the toasty aura the gopro gives off when charging via the USB port...but if the camera cradle on the gimbal gets too hot to touch then that's an issue.

This is an H3-2D and not a -3D correct? (just making sure)

I assume the NAZA's firmware upgraded to v4.02?

Quick... throw a dunce cap on me.

I had done the install watching DJI's video which assumes a stock P1 board with the added PMU.... which shows you connecting the 8-pin into the GCU. Well take a wild guess what I plugged my 8-pin into. Give ya a hint, it wasn't the P330.

Whoops!!!!

So the 8-pin is now properly plugged into the board an the gimbal is alive! Now just gotta comb thru the forum to find out how to get the camera to sit level vs being perfectly stabilized.... staring at the floor :lol:

HeliRy said:
I had done the install watching DJI's video which assumes a stock P1 board with the added PMU.... which shows you connecting the 8-pin into the GCU. Well take a wild guess what I plugged my 8-pin into. Give ya a hint, it wasn't the P330.

Ok, ya got me stumped...what was it connected to if not the mainboard? You don't have the GCU installed too, do you? Or did you :D

Had the 8-pin plugged into the GCU, and out to the gimbal lol.

Makes sense now though. Was curious how the gimbal was talking to the Naza if there was nothing connecting them. Would also make sense as to why I needed the P330... which I can attest to being pointless if the gimbal isn't plugged into it.

D'oh!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj