P 4 question

Reaction score
Hi folks. New here.
I will be buying the Phantom for soon. One question;
Is it possible to set the maximum height to 10' and have the drone follow say, a River, while the obstacle avoidance system is active.
My concern is about fallen trees or overhanging branches over a River as I guide from a distance.
Thanks

Hey man!

it's possible to set the height at whatever you like in the software it will listen to you. However I have found while flying my P4 the obstacle avoidance system is a last line of defence.. I wouldn't rely on it for avoiding branches etc.. It picks up 90% of obstacles however it's very similar to the sensors on your car when you back up.. It will always miss something...

This thing is really easy to control and the active track is pretty seamless in my experience so far but not 100% fool proof

Hey man!

it's possible to set the height at whatever you like in the software it will listen to you. However I have found while flying my P4 the obstacle avoidance system is a last line of defence.. I wouldn't rely on it for avoiding branches etc.. It picks up 90% of obstacles however it's very similar to the sensors on your car when you back up.. It will always miss something...

This thing is really easy to control and the active track is pretty seamless in my experience so far but not 100% fool proof
Thanks. I've got a better idea now what to expect.

With my limited use of the Activetrack I would say it is better to err on the safe side and give yourself an extra cushion of altitude to avoid potential obstacles. You can always monitor and take control when necessary.

I would never set altitude limit at that height for a couple of reasons, one being that elevation you're taking off from might not be the same elevation where you're flying therefore being limited to that altitude you might have no chance of going higher before hitting an object or water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20