P 3 IMU Calibration

Reaction score
Hi
Can any body please help me. For an IMU calibration I put the drone on a level surface outside.
I start the calibration procedure in the app and after acknowledging twice, a message comes up that says the calibration is performing. The bargraph however stays at 0%. After about 3 minutes a message comes up that says IMU calibration OK. Why does the bargraph not change? Is it actually performing a cal?
Please help.
Thanks

something wrong there, when i do my IMU calibration the bar at the bottom goes from 0% to 100% very slowly then says complete.

Thought so. The bargraph does not even start filling and then it says IMU Cal OK.
At what temperature are you normally doing it?
2. Do you experience any drift between the quad position and set home position on maps when you dont take off and leave it in the take off position?

Thought so. The bargraph does not even start filling and then it says IMU Cal OK.
At what temperature are you normally doing it?
2. Do you experience any drift between the quad position and set home position on maps when you dont take off and leave it in the take off position?
Cool the Phantom down a smidge before starting the IMU-- there are many posts here regarding doing a "cold IMU". I set mine in the freezer for about 5 minutes. If it is warm when you do it, the P3 will take longer to warm up each time you get ready to fly.
Mine will dance around some when it takes off if the winds are variable-- but it soon settles down.

Are clicking on calibrate or check calibration ?. check does what you are saying. i put my P3A outside for half hour to get cold (its about 7deg outside here) then i bring into my kitchen as the floor is bang flat. then start calibration. mine now is ready to fly in 15 seconds from switching on. Answer to your number 2 question is no..

Thanks for the replies!. I press IMU Calibration, not check. Will cool it off this evening and try again.
I thought it was quite cool. Had it under the aircon for a while. Will try the freezer this evening and let you know.

What is your rth accuracy? or dont you use it?
mine is in the region of 3 feet. and have used it 3 times (only to test it though) i try and fly home to improve my flying skills..

I also prefer to do do the flying myself, but need to have better than 15 m for safety on rth.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj