p 2 height

Hey Jude, welcome to the forum. Been waiting for that!:rolleyes:
facepalm.jpg
:D:D
Welcome to the forum Jude ;)

Joker in every crowd.
image.jpeg

Love this forum, so many helpful folks here!;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Well put and answered, Meta!

I would add that the later P2 firmware slowed the descent rate. Earlier versions did not, although they didn't have the autonomous features like ground station.

VRS or settling under power can happen even with slower descent rates. It's just not as likely.;)

Hey Jude, welcome to the forum. Been waiting for that!:rolleyes:
Yes VRS does occur even at 2metres /sec, it is not a myth, it may be rare, but it has happened to me, I understand later prop designs reduce the risk further. I still prefer the conservative approach and descend in a circular path.

Next you want to know how far. DJI software limits the distance to 1,625 ft. 3rd party apps don't so you can go as far as your signal allows or in GS till then battery runs out. You have to calculate flight time out and back so youngest your bird back home safely.

One of the very few advantages of having the vision and the weak gimbal is you can see the shaking of the craft while descending through the prop wash. You all with the p2+ and p3 are kind of blind to this. So I think that alone is good reason to come down at an angle.

The default max height on the PV is 400 ft but it can be changed to whatever with the asst software...

The max horizontal distance default on PV is 500 m but that can be overcome too

Screw that bunch I'm 4000 ft in distance and 25-3500. Hit it hard and remember your responsibilities. If not u will ruin it for everyone and they will thro u under jail for at least 4 years.

Screw that bunch I'm 4000 ft in distance and 25-3500. Hit it hard and remember your responsibilities. If not u will ruin it for everyone and they will thro u under jail for at least 4 years.
Screw what bunch Nathan ?
trolling.jpg

One of the very few advantages of having the vision and the weak gimbal is you can see the shaking of the craft while descending through the prop wash. You all with the p2+ and p3 are kind of blind to this. So I think that alone is good reason to come down at an angle.

The default max height on the PV is 400 ft but it can be changed to whatever with the asst software...

The max horizontal distance default on PV is 500 m but that can be overcome too

So with it being 400ft set in the software, the P2 will not go above it?

If you set a limit of 400 ft, it won't go over 400 ft.
You can set the limit anywhere from 0-500 metres.
thats what I've done, set the limits within Phantom Assist. The last flight I did came back with a new personal record of 422ft according to Flytrex, so not 100% accurate

Do you know that the Flytrex numbers are any more accurate than the Phantom's?
my Flytrex uses the canbus socket, but think it uses an onboard barometer to measure height instead of using the info from the Phantoms controller. Which is accurate i've no idea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers