Oz

SB4

Reaction score
Hi, just getting started with a p4 in Australia.
Hobby for the moment but interested in conservation management work.
Also wanting to take on the (currently daunting) CASA licence. Happy for advice if any other Aussies been through this process.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hi, just getting started with a p4 in Australia.
Hobby for the moment but interested in conservation management work.
Also wanting to take on the (currently daunting) CASA licence. Happy for advice if any other Aussies been through this process.
Welcome aboard - you'll find lots of useful info here.
Are you aware of the new CASA rules for sub 2kg drones?
Commercial unmanned flight - remotely piloted aircraft under 2kg | Civil Aviation Safety Authority
No licence needed to use the Phantom commercially

Reactions: Fancatfor
Welcome to the forum SB4 .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Fancatfor
Welcome , know your town well, we both have invested money in this Phantom aircraft, Iam still sitting staring at it in spare room.
So much to learn, but that is the challenge?
"Rise Above Drones "in NSW was my purchase point via online, their attitude in my experience has been amazing , helpful and caring, this is a new industry, we are all capable of being pioneers , so good luck mate, say hello to Mount Panorama via your drone .

Thx. Am still checking up on those part 101 regs. Seems that there are still some benefits to having the operators certificate. Not to mention I'd like to push the boundaries of line of sight. From what I've read so far, ReOC might open that up a little. So I'm still in catchup mode on the do's n don'ts.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I too am in the same situation and finding it hard to obtain insurance - both third-party or comprehensive without holding a RePL or ReOC, and feel very uncomfortable flying without it.

The added benefits of being ReOC licensed would also be an advantage.

I live on the Central Coast NSW so any suggestions from licensed pilots as to who I should use to obtain my RePL would be greatly appreciated. I am considering approaching CASA on my own after that will obtain my ReOC. Advice on this would also be appreciated

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.