Ownership Transfer?

Reaction score
Anyone know how to transfer ownership of a P3 w/DJI? I have two P3Ps and am selling one tomorrow. I've tried doing a factory reset from (DJI GO), logging out of DJI GO, formatting the SD card (from DJI GO). I was hoping it would prompt me to activate/register it again like it did when it was new. Only thing I have left to try is to login to DJI from (DJI GO) with a new userid.

And as some have suggested on previous posts, I don't see anywhere that my two P3Ps are identified separately (DJI GO - iOS).

I don't know if you actually need to transfer ownership or cancel your account assuming you are still using it for the other Phantom? When you first connected each craft to your Go account you were prompted to name them. I assume you gave them different names? When you see your aircraft in the logs you can swipe the bird to switch to the other. When the new owner sets up his own Go account he should be prompted to name the aircraft when he first connects it to his account.

I actually don't recall giving them different names, which makes sense that I don't see them. Yes, still flying one of them so don't want to cancel my account. I'll just have the new owner create a new account/register as part of the transaction. I'm now wondering if that actually transfers any remaining warrantee to the new owner.

Not sure how that works.

Do note that all your flight data is still stored in the Phantom which COULD possibly be retrieved should new buyer fly in areas that are a big no no.

One thing I could think of to do is buy a Phantom 3 from someone on craigslist, buy product in a parking lot somewhere and then take that Phantom to Area 51 (or the like) and fly as much as possible in said airspace. You won't get HD quality but you'll have reduced video/photo copies on your tablet.

Any who Area 51 MP shoot down your drone, retrieve the data on the memory card inside the Phantom and look at all previous account data/location data and come knocking on your door :)

Can't be too safe these days :(

I erased all of the flight data using the DJI GO app, and will do it again after the demo flight tomorrow, then log-off. Hoping to send the new buyer home with a clean P3. :)

H
Not sure how that works.

Do note that all your flight data is still stored in the Phantom which COULD possibly be retrieved should new buyer fly in areas that are a big no no.

One thing I could think of to do is buy a Phantom 3 from someone on craigslist, buy product in a parking lot somewhere and then take that Phantom to Area 51 (or the like) and fly as much as possible in said airspace. You won't get HD quality but you'll have reduced video/photo copies on your tablet.

Any who Area 51 MP shoot down your drone, retrieve the data on the memory card inside the Phantom and look at all previous account data/location data and come knocking on your door :)

Can't be too safe these days :(
Get the buyer to sign a dated receipt with the UAS's serial number and such.

One thing I could think of to do is buy a Phantom 3 from someone on craigslist, buy product in a parking lot somewhere and then take that Phantom to Area 51 (or the like) and fly as much as possible in said airspace.

Any who Area 51 MP shoot down your drone, retrieve the data on the memory card inside the Phantom and look at all previous account data/location data and come knocking on your door
Yes that could happen ..... but you are more likely to win the lottery and be abducted by little green men the same day

I erased all of the flight data using the DJI GO app, and will do it again after the demo flight tomorrow, then log-off. Hoping to send the new buyer home with a clean P3. :)

..I'm not so sure you actually erased all the data on the drone ;) I'm not even sure if you fully COULD erase all that data. I'm sure you could erase user accessible data with ease but some of the systems deeper inside the drone... hard to say really.

Also did you just delete the flight records via the app?? I think those are just local onto your tablet/cloud account. I plugged my P3 into my macbook today and entered flight mode and was able to see 3gb of flight records (each file only about 100mb in size) stored on the drone itself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers