Overexposed snow

Reaction score
I was wondering how I can get rid of the blown out snow on my videos without making the rest too dark.. I see some videos that are really great while mine are bad.. If someone could give me an idea what settings I should be experimenting with would be really helpful.. Thanks in advance..

I was wondering how I can get rid of the blown out snow on my videos without making the rest too dark.. I see some videos that are really great while mine are bad.. If someone could give me an idea what settings I should be experimenting with would be really helpful.. Thanks in advance..
The dynamic range of the P3 sensor is limited.
It can't show shadow detail and preserve highlight detail at the same time and will set an exposure that is right for the average of the scene.
If most of the scene is bright, you will have a better chance than with a scene with small bright areas.
With that understanding you can be aware of the contrast range from bright to dark in the scenes you shoot and avoid scenes that would cause trouble.
Shooting when the sun is behind a cloud rather than in bare sun may also help.

The dynamic range of the P3 sensor is limited.
It can't show shadow detail and preserve highlight detail at the same time and will set an exposure that is right for the average of the scene.
If most of the scene is bright, you will have a better chance than with a scene with small bright areas.
With that understanding you can be aware of the contrast range from bright to dark in the scenes you shoot and avoid scenes that would cause trouble.
Shooting when the sun is behind a cloud rather than in bare sun may also help.
Looking at some of your photos..Awesome Brud.. Aside from the obvious skills can I ask what your are using to get these awesome shots ?

You can go into the settings and choose 'dlog'. This will keep the highlights will still giving detail in the shadows. It will, however require some additional post-processing as the straight images will look washed out.

I'd say for sure an ND filter. I did this flight last year and an ND8 filter kept the changeable conditions very nicely in check.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd say for sure an ND filter. I did this flight last year and an ND8 filter kept the changeable conditions very nicely in check.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Wow Brud.. That was awesome.. I guess a couple nd filters it is..Then I have to find the best settings using the filters..lol.. Either way man you made white and bland winter look really nice..Love to get the same result..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers