Overcompensation when stopping.

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a crashed P3A for $150. 90% of the damage was to the shell and a torn gimbal ribbon. It was a friend of mine otherwise he would have likely charged more to someone else. Now i know because of the shell damage the dynamics of it can be off. I know for a fact that the 2 front props come closer to the shell than the back 2 because of the damage. I also know that the computer should be able to compensate for this but might be a little unstable. I have found when i make movements even small ones that the phantom will stop itself as if i was going full speed tilting itself over 15-20 degrees. I re-calibrated the IMU and it seems better but still does it. It also doesn't react well to fast complicated movements like switching directions fast and dropping or rising in altitude at the same time as switching direction. It actually flipped and crashed props down into the ground on me once a few feet up when doing a quick stop then rising in altitude. Possible damage to the internals from previous crash before purchase or do you think it might be the shells dynamics off? I did order a new shell and should be here in 2 days. I am pretty handy with repairing pcbs as well and am willing to dig in if needed.

Reactions: dupin
Start w/ the shell swap then smooth out the settings! Dont forget to do an IMU cali after the new shell[emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic