Overall advisory on Go App 3.1.2 for Android Users

Reaction score
There are so many threads started on this one subject - the crashes and problems of Go App 3.1.2.

It is very simple - it has serious flaws in its derivation of Home Point and suffers significant Video Lag to an extent that it can become unworkable.

To all new owners and those who are experiencing problems - PLEASE roll back your Go App to an earlier version before you have major mishap.
With the testing I carried out and confirmations of others who followed my 'lead' - I suggest rolling back to one of the following :

Go App 2.9.1 ..... this is the most stable Go App I found.
or
Go App 3.0.1 ..... this also was found to be stable.

I strongly suggest not to use 3.0.0 or any App with 3.1. as the first numbers ...

It is hoped that DJI will look at this problem and come up with a solution - a stable and good Go app to update to.
I wonder how much is to do with increasing functionality ? We all see Microsoft bloating put Windows - making the Pc processor struggle - and it reminds me of what I see with GO App. I wonder if the App is losing sight of the common Tablets / Phones people are still using ?

It would probably be time for DJI or someone to compile a new list of suitability of Tablets / Phones for latest Apps ... the existing list is not exactly new.

Nigel

Thank you for adding the link.

Its funny this - because every time i wanted another Go version - I just Googled for example :

DJI GO app 2.9.1 download

and I would be presented with a page of links ... I wonder sometimes when people ask where FW / Go are listed - whether they ever google ? No disrespect intended ... just a thought.

Nigel

I have been following the threads about the new DJI GO app, which I downloaded when it was launched. Touch wood, no problems so far with RTH etc. One thing that is strange though is my app still shows 'here' maps and not the Google maps that other people are reporting. Is this even possible or am I going slowly mad?

I just checked DJI Go v3.1.2 Android on my wife's tablet. Definitely "Here" maps.

3.1.2 re-released on Android, updated 7 Feb. No number change.

Location issue appears fixed, without being connected to my P3S, hit camera using inspire 1, took me into app and had the correct position (red then blue).

flight test forthcoming, but location definitely corrected, not 1 mile NE as previously.

Reactions: G-CCAS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik