...over the hill from North Yorkshire

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm "over the hill" but no fly away. Firstly, I'm a retired 'newbie'...and secondly I've just switched from an Inspire 1 to a Phantom 3 Pro - yet have never had the pleasure of flying a drone!

My Inspire 1 had a faulty zip on the case...so sent it back - as I was promised a brand new replacement. However, once the Vodafone store, where I purchased it, got it back they then said they'd no more in stock!

Anyway, I procrastinated for a while and decided I might be better off starting my drone flying with something a little smaller...hence the switch.

I'm a photo-journalist, by trade, and began my career shooting in b/w on bulky *twin lens reflex cameras (*"what are they?" I hear the young 'uns ask.) back in the late 60s.

Yet, despite now being in my mid-60s I've always loved 'new tech'. I remember watching the first moon landing and thinking: "wow we've come a long way since the steam engine."

I hadn't counted on technology continuing to advance at such a pace. I honestly don't believe those NASA scientists would have predicted that - one day - remote controlled drones would be freely available to consumers. Now I want a piece of the action :)

Well, that's the rambling over!

I have to say I received a really warm welcome and lots of helpful advice from the Inspire forum. So, here's hoping this forum will give this 'flying pensioner' the same too!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub