Over exposure - zebra effect

Definitely on all the time, same with any camera I have that does it.

I just had a flight to test the overexposure. In order to get rid of the zebra effect I have to turn the right wheel. When I do that the zebra effect goes but the picture is too dark to see anything on my tablet.

How do you tackle that problem?

Remember, the zebra stripes are only on the display, they are not recorded on the SD card. Obviously, you use the information to make sure that the main area of interest is properly exposed. Cranking the exposure until the zebras go away means that the bright areas will be properly exposed and the areas in shadow way under exposed. Like any other photography, you expose for the area of interest.

Reactions: deltamike
Thanks Richard.

Go Pro never gave me all this aggravation. Is the P3A camera progress?

If I yaw the light conditions change which makes selective exposure difficult.

Hi Ho. :(

Thanks for your advice. Its a case of trialing until I get used to it.

Usually shoot all of my videos in 1080 at 30 fps. Only go up to 60 when I'm absolutely sure that I will want to play back in slo motion. Based on light conditions, I usually use ND filters to keep the shutter speed around 1/60 with the ISO at 100

Thanks Richard.

I have been advised to NOT use d-log but use cinelike in preference. Having post tested both I tend to agree. Do you agree with this?

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks Richard.

I have been advised to NOT use d-log but use cinelike in preference. Having post tested both I tend to agree. Do you agree with this?

Thanks for your advice.
Isnt it the opposite? Shouldn't we use D-log if we want the ultimate quality after processing?

I just found :-

I have found processing in post just as easy and less work - if its needed at all generally. Okay, there are those 'bits' that still need post - that will never disappear.

However, I changed my settings to the ones advised by the video too. Maybe that's what made the difference.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4