Over Exposure on iOS Devices (Zebra effect but not)

Reaction score
Both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 are having an issue when connected to my P3P.
Any bright areas from the camera view show up as black on the screen. I can toggle the Over Exposure setting on and off and nothing changes. I've killed and restarted app, powered on and off the phantom, powered off and on the remote and many combinations of all 3 and can't get it fixed.
Now, on my iPhone 6, while testing in my kitchen, it seemed to go away. When I went out to fly with my iPad, I noticed the Over Exposure switch was back to ON. Does it remember this setting per device or is it stored for the Phantom???
I again, toggled it off and went through all the turn off and on device, remote, phantom and still it shows up highlighted areas as black. It is NOT a zebra pattern.
Is anyone else having this issue?
I have NOT uninstalled and reinstalled the app on either device but will try that tonight.
I'll also post some screen shots tonight to help with troubleshooting.
I can adjust the EV all the way up and down and the bright areas will get darker and the black will go away but then the shadow areas are messed up as well.
I have years of photography experience so I understand all of the shutter and iso settings for photo and video.
Using auto exposure vs the manual exposure in both the P and M settings has NO effect on the screen display.

Sorry it's taken me a while to get some screen shots. I haven't turned on my Phantom in a couple of weeks. I just put the new firmware on but before doing so I was still having this issue. After the new firmware it went away!!! for about 1 minute and then it came back. I was able to toggle the ZEBRA over exposure and actually see Zebra Stripes! but then it went back to doing this.
Please help. I will call DJI this week to see what's up with it too.
I have RESET the camera, rebooted the phantom, used my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 and it does the same thing on both. Seems like the camera module is broken :(
IMG_0287.PNG IMG_0288.PNG

It's basically acting as if the Overexposure Warning is turned ON but instead of pretty zebra strips I get this washed out black that covers any highlighted area. I can adjust exposure manually to make it go away but then the image is too dark to be useful.
I've also tried it with ND4, ND8, Polarizer, Stock and NO filter/front glass on the camera. They all produce same results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20