Over Exposure - Mechanical Shutter

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just started getting the 'over exposure' issue that some have reported.

All was fine with my P4P until last flights, when all DNG and jpeg files were 2 to 2.5 stops over exposed. Was able to bring back the DNG files in CaptureOne or Photoshop. The video shot at the same time was perfectly exposed using the same settings. The histogram and exposure warning were all good, rechecked all settings and shot in all modes Auto - Shutter - Aperture - Manual, same overexposed results. Used both Go4 and Litchi apps with same results. Updated P4P firmware to latest, no change.

Thinking I have a problem camera and playing around I switched off the Mechanical Shutter option and the problem went away, all shots exposed correctly. Switch mechanical shutter back on and all were again overexposed.

I am not sure how the mechanical shutter in the P4P camera operates. It can't be a focal plane type, must be some sort of Iris type which could combine with the aperture. However, Iris is closing correctly when 'Mechanical Shutter' is turned off. With Mechanical Shutter on, it looks to me as if the aperture is not closing correctly.

Any insights on how Mechanical Shutter works? The problems? Broken mechanical shutter in camera?

I have problems with overexposed pics while flying mapping projects. Going to try turning off mechanical shutter!

Do you have problems with the settings being reset to auto all the time?

I have problems with overexposed pics while flying mapping projects. Going to try turning off mechanical shutter!

Do you have problems with the settings being reset to auto all the time?

I have not noticed the resetting of camera settings. I do tend to use Litchi all the time so it may be different a outcome.

Let us know if the 'mechanical shutter' off option fixes your over exposure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic