Over exposed

Reaction score
As the title suggests... this is my very first filming/editing effort using the P2/GoPro 4 Silver combo.
I'm no GoPro expert so I used default settings on the GoPro (1080). The footage appears overexposed - do the experts shoot in Protune and then beef up the colours later? Or do they always set white balance before commencing?
Also will counterbalancing the P2 help or should I just remove the prop guards?

It's no Oscar winner but it's a start:

Thanks for any help in advance.

I was shooting 1080p and thought the quality could be much better. Somewhere on here, I read that 720 was better. Also, I read that turning off spot metering was a good idea. I tried those settings today was very happy with the results. Certainly no expert, but I will probably stay with those settings for now.

Oh, BTW, I am using a Gopro 3+ black, but I don't think that makes any differance.

Also, if your new to this, be careful flying over water. I lost my first phantom, gimbal and Gopro when a prop broke over a deep spot in a mostly shallow bay. Sickest feeling I ever felt. Second sickest is when a realized that where it went in, there was no retrieving. (not that I would have been able to resurrect it if I had)

The footage appears overexposed
No problem evident in the camera's exposure but what you need to consider is the lighting on the subject. When you have a large part of the image in deep shade and other parts in bright light you are going to see the highlights burnt out.
You should attempt to have more uniform lighting so the camera doesn't have to deal with more than its dynamic range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1