Over 4 miles with Alphas

Reaction score
So went to the beach today and had a brave moment and decided to see how far out to sea I could get with the Alphas on my bird.

On my first trip I went out 17,513 ft, got real nervous and brought the bird back. The app warned me off a low battery at 68%, I'm guessing it was calculating the trip back and thought it wasn't going to make it, I landed with 30% battery. I had a 13 mph wind headed back to the shore so after a few minutes of calming my nerves I decided to do another trip and go further out. The 2nd flight I went out 22,080 ft, this time I was shooting for 22,000 ft and already made up my mind that it was going to be a close call and if it ran out of juice then it would have been on all on me, THANK GOD it didn't, landed with 10% battery. Feels good to have made it out that far, crazy rush when out that far, of course I 'll never get that type of distance in the city. I also have MaxxUAV antenna w/amps but figured it would be pointless since the battery on the bird would limit me.

Had strong signal throughout both flights, had the adjust the aim of the antennas once but was very happy with the signal strength.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

So went to the beach today and had a brave moment and decided to see how far out to sea I could get with the Alphas on my bird.

On my first trip I went out 17,513 ft, got real nervous and brought the bird back. The app warned me off a low battery at 68%, I'm guessing it was calculating the trip back and thought it wasn't going to make it, I landed with 30% battery. I had a 13 mph wind headed back to the shore so after a few minutes of calming my nerves I decided to do another trip and go further out. The 2nd flight I went out 22,080 ft, this time I was shooting for 22,000 ft and already made up my mind that it was going to be a close call and if it ran out of juice then it would have been on all on me, THANK GOD it didn't, landed with 10% battery. Feels good to have made it out that far, crazy rush when out that far, of course I 'll never get that type of distance in the city. I also have MaxxUAV antenna w/amps but figured it would be pointless since the battery on the bird would limit me.

Had strong signal throughout both flights, had the adjust the aim of the antennas once but was very happy with the signal strength.

Yeha....way to go...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers