Over 14700ft fly

How did you get the HUD with the speed, altitude and distance? Been wanting to do that with my vision + vids.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

powertowerpro said:
How did you get the HUD with the speed, altitude and distance? Been wanting to do that with my vision + vids.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

H/W : Flytrex V2
S/W: Daxhware

FPVLR said:
Also my 4.25 turns helix alone has proven to have over 6000ft of range with no modification on the copter and unboosted, and that is a 10dBi antenna with a 3dB loss from polarization mismatch since the on board antennas are LP.
You also have to consider an important factor which is the output inconsistency of the DJI transmitters.
What one person gets is much different than other people's with same equipment.

Different results, same equipment.

I have a theory that this is something that is written with in the software. Brand new out of the box. each time after getting both quads setup for 1st flight, I have taken both of my vPlus out for maximum altitude test just to see what I had to work with. Basically trying to see if any were lemons and need sent back before investing a lot of time into them and finding out later. Anyway, on my 1st flights with the new quads, I will get the "Lost Controller Signal" at 400ft and again at 700ft, and then lose everything in the 900ft range. Now without making any changes, by the time I reach say 10 flights I'm getting up around 2700ft. And then finally around 20 flights I'm at the 3400ft-3700ft height.

My guess is there are set limits in the software starting off as a way to help with someone with little experience. or a rookie at flying quads.

I see that you are not using any attenuators. Good to know that it will work without them. Did you have to turn your 5.8 tx down to CE mode? Thx!

Also quick question on the stock 5.8 power output... I have read EVERYWHERE that by turning the bottom potentiometer on the tx will select the CE or FCC mode for the output power.... What I am finding is that this is not true. I have the tx in fcc mode within the software and no matter which way I turn the POT the transmitter still beeps twice when being powered on. I read on one other forum that someone found this same thing.... The reason that I ask this goes right along with this forum topic: If the POT "fine tunes" the CE or FCC mode, has anyone tried to turn the POT counterclockwise (while within FCC mode) to turn down the tx power enough to where using an attenuator (on amped signal) is not needed? Sorry for basically asking this question twice, I just haven't got a strait answer out of anyone on this subject matter. I just want to make sure that using an amp on both the 2.4 and 5.8 signal without an attenuator is ok. I also (just for fun) downloaded the vision + utility app from taco-rc and played around with some of the settings while the bird was on the ground. Using my wifi tools app (on android) I was able to see the aircraft wifi-tx signal adjust (up/down) as I adjusted the settings, but did not see this same effect while adjusting the power levels on the repeater itself. When I do select 0dbm I do notice the signal drop 2-5 db on the wifi tools app. Just curious if any of you guys played with this app to lower the tx power of the 2.4 signal so an attenuator was not needed on this as well. Thanks for the help guys! I have both (2.4 and 5.8) amps coming in the mail tomorrow and looking forward to doing some range tests myself while using Tonys (FPVLR) awesome 2 stage kit for my V2P.

Kag49601 said:
Also quick question on the stock 5.8 power output... I have read EVERYWHERE that by turning the bottom potentiometer on the tx will select the CE or FCC mode for the output power.... What I am finding is that this is not true. I have the tx in fcc mode within the software and no matter which way I turn the POT the transmitter still beeps twice when being powered on. I read on one other forum that someone found this same thing.... The reason that I ask this goes right along with this forum topic: If the POT "fine tunes" the CE or FCC mode, has anyone tried to turn the POT counterclockwise (while within FCC mode) to turn down the tx power enough to where using an attenuator (on amped signal) is not needed? Sorry for basically asking this question twice, I just haven't got a strait answer out of anyone on this subject matter. I just want to make sure that using an amp on both the 2.4 and 5.8 signal without an attenuator is ok. I also (just for fun) downloaded the vision + utility app from taco-rc and played around with some of the settings while the bird was on the ground. Using my wifi tools app (on android) I was able to see the aircraft wifi-tx signal adjust (up/down) as I adjusted the settings, but did not see this same effect while adjusting the power levels on the repeater itself. When I do select 0dbm I do notice the signal drop 2-5 db on the wifi tools app. Just curious if any of you guys played with this app to lower the tx power of the 2.4 signal so an attenuator was not needed on this as well. Thanks for the help guys! I have both (2.4 and 5.8) amps coming in the mail tomorrow and looking forward to doing some range tests myself while using Tonys (FPVLR) awesome 2 stage kit for my V2P.

Do you have try down to CE mode and fly long distance? :mrgreen:

LMC said:
tizzl10 said:
great range. can you post pictures of your rc and aircraft setup?

click

a6777015-246-14189317781_d6ec59a2c6_z.jpg

a6777016-38-14005940329_46acf42f99_z.jpg

Hello Jason Lee,

I you contact because I have a big problem that I do not arrive has to solve, can be that you can help me:)
Saddened for my English, I am French and I speak a little bit English!
I you sending message because nobody in France has the same configuration of the radio as me, but you yes!
That would be really kind to help me:)
Explanation of my problem:
I have a phantom 2 vision +, and to improve the door of the radio I have to add as you an amplifier 5.8 ghz.
Only the door does not change and on the contrary it is even less!

I does not understand(include) why!
I can send you photos if you want him(it).

Thank you has you

Morgann

Controller looks like some kind of death ray!!

How did you do the side record??

These long flights are cool and I understand how it's being done with the amps and antenna but what I don't understand is how the flight battery lasts that long. What mods are done there?

Txturbo said:
These long flights are cool and I understand how it's being done with the amps and antenna but what I don't understand is how the flight battery lasts that long. What mods are done there?

No mods going on there.
For a 14000ft flight back and forth the bird still has some 50% left.

Wow.....mine doesn't last that long. What is the total flight time for a flight that long?

Txturbo said:
Wow.....mine doesn't last that long. What is the total flight time for a flight that long?

I did a 23000ft flight in 18 min if you aren't counting warm up and coming in.
I've seen someone also stating a +50% battery left after a 13 or 1400ft flight.
You have to know how to deal with the lipo's to get the max capacity in them.
Check what they are up to in the assistant.
If they are less the 5200mah then deplete it to 0% and rechange.
Check again.
A lipo doesn't have its full capacity when it starts off.
It takes about 10 charges to reach max, know how to do maintenance on them.
After i learned how to do it they went up from 5mah to 5,8 mah.
A lot of contradicting info can be found on how to treat a lipo.
I am still experimenting with them so i am not a 100% sure on what my final treatment shall be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic