output question for vimeo

FRS

Reaction score
I normally shoot in 1080, with 60 fps but when I upload to YouTube or vimeo it still looks pretty bad. If I'm using gopro studio what is the best output settings to use?

I remember seeing somewhere that 720 is the max they'll take. I know what you mean though. I had the same problem. Now I just shoot at 720. Still looks ok on Youtube AND Vimeo..

hi.

here are my setting.

this is how i import the video source:

and this are my export settings (for you tube)

and this is published in you tube
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHxB5WHgA6A[/youtube]

greetings!

Attachments

• import.jpg
    import.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 340
  • export1.jpg
    export1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 312
  • export2.jpg
    export2.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 394
Elginet said:
I remember seeing somewhere that 720 is the max they'll take. I know what you mean though. I had the same problem. Now I just shoot at 720. Still looks ok on Youtube AND Vimeo..

Incorrect. Vimeo can go 1080p, but you have to upgrade to the Premium service, which is not that much and well worth it. However, Vimeo is a little sneaky in the sense that they will default your 1080p video as 720p. You'll have to go into the video setting and change it to 1080p.

Thanks for the output settings chapsrlz. BTW where was your video filmed? Is this Mexico?

Diesel31 said:
Elginet said:

Incorrect. Vimeo can go 1080p, but you have to upgrade to the Premium service, which is not that much and well worth it. However, Vimeo is a little sneaky in the sense that they will default your 1080p video as 720p. You'll have to go into the video setting and change it to 1080p.

I just looked at you're right.. my settings were 720p on vimeo. I just updated that so we will see how it comes out. Thanks for the tip.

FRS said:
Thanks for the output settings chapsrlz. BTW where was your video filmed? Is this Mexico?

one more thing. i dont know about the gopro video settings, but with my camera i always shoot in 1080p (best quality) and its when you render your edit (export the video) that you define the video settings for playing. in my case i export at 1280x720, double pass bitrate encoding (higher quality) and the target bitrate at 6.5mbps (the higher the bitrate the higher the quality and size of the final output) and very, very, very, very important: always export in h.264.

yes, the video was shot in monterrey, mexico. the main tower is a boutique hotel, shopping center and housing.

Thanks I will definitely try this on the next edit. I hear Monterry is very nice.. Do you have any cool aerial shots of the mountain? Btw the 1080p update on vimeo made a HUGE difference.

FRS said:
Thanks I will definitely try this on the next edit. I hear Monterry is very nice.. Do you have any cool aerial shots of the mountain? Btw the 1080p update on vimeo made a HUGE difference.

no :(
my first phantom arrives next week and i live in méxico city.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic