Out of the Box Tilt Problem

Reaction score
I have invited Bart to join us. It would be great to have an answer before he arrives.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGc6OMntmuU

His description: I received my Phantom 2 Vision Plus yesterday, charged up the batteries overnight, then powered it on this morning. Everything seems to work fine, except the camera is stuck at a 45 degree down angle. Rrrrr!! Can't control camera with the app either. Very frustrating. I'm about to send it off for repairs (should be covered since I haven't FLOWN IT YET). Any ideas??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 7.30.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 7.30.26 PM.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 531
Have you tried to rebind yet? I know it shouldnt matter but it has saved me so much grief already with so many other issues.

I went crazy trying to figure my similar situation out several days ago. I tried everything and even called a shop who I know is one of the best in the biz troubleshooting these birds, and they were stumped. So I was minutes away from boxing it up and shipping to them. But I recalled that I kept seeing a SD card error also.
So I yanked out the 32 card and popped in a brand new one. EVERYTHING WAS BACK TO PERFECT OPERATING CONDITION!!
And after several of my flying buddies told me that couldn't be the issue, I went ahead and put the card that I had taken out BACK IN AND THE EXACT THING HAPPENED!! TOOK THAT POS CARD OUT AND PUT THE NEW ONE IN AND PERFECT!!!

Not saying that's your issue, but won't hurt to try it! Good luck hope you get it worked out!
Moose

Moose said:
I went crazy trying to figure my similar situation out several days ago. I tried everything and even called a shop who I know is one of the best in the biz troubleshooting these birds, and they were stumped. So I was minutes away from boxing it up and shipping to them. But I recalled that I kept seeing a SD card error also.
So I yanked out the 32 card and popped in a brand new one. EVERYTHING WAS BACK TO PERFECT OPERATING CONDITION!!
And after several of my flying buddies told me that couldn't be the issue, I went ahead and put the card that I had taken out BACK IN AND THE EXACT THING HAPPENED!! TOOK THAT POS CARD OUT AND PUT THE NEW ONE IN AND PERFECT!!!

Not saying that's your issue, but won't hurt to try it! Good luck hope you get it worked out!
Moose

Thats a great bit of info and I had seen that issue before and forgot about it.

I saw that same thing happen with a pixhawk flight controller.

mattparker, thanks for the note on Youtube and for your help in troubleshooting this.

Fortunately, I think I may have isolated my problem... the tablet. I was using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 because I liked the idea of a larger screen, and several people said they got the app to work for them, even though the device is not on the recommended list from DJI. It appeared that the app was working fine while doing all the setup, so I didn't question the tilt issue as tablet-related, but when I got home from work tonight, I decided to try my wife's Iphone 5c, and all of the sudden the tilt is working fine!

(in case you're wondering, I still have an Iphone 4, because my stupid company won't wake up and upgrade)

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that my Tab won't work, but that hardly compares to my disappointment when it appeared I would have to send the Phantom back for repairs or a replacement. So it looks like I will be flying in the morning. Time to go screw on the prop guards. Thanks for the help.

Oh, and I actually posted my problem in the Help section of this forum about 12 hours before you posted it, but thanks for pointing me to PhantomPilots.com, just in case I hadn't discovered it already.

But I would recommend leaving this post on the forum, because someone else with a Galaxy Tab 3 might just read it and learn something like I did the hard way.

ONE MORE UPDATE:

After doing a little more research on the Tab 3 specifically, I figured out that my problem was actually the app itself, not the Tab after all.

Apparently, the older versions of the app did not include a tilt control. I figured since I downloaded the app YESTERDAY, it had to be the most updated version of the app, but I guess not!

Lesson learned. Make sure you double check that you have the latest version of an app, even if you just downloaded it 30 seconds earlier. ???

Tomorrow, I plan to FINALLY take my first flight.

Sorry for the false alarm.

To "The Famous", I was actually struggling to download the app in the first place (as you might have also) because I got the "no device supported" message or whatever, but I eventually found some instructions on this very forum to allow the app to download.

I'm pretty sure that you don't have to download a separate app. I think that once you have ANY version of the DJI Vision app installed on your Galaxy Tab 3, just open the app, and instead of selecting "Camera", select "Settings".

I can't remember exactly, but I think that at the bottom of that Settings screen, there is an option that says "About" or "Version" or something like that. When you tap that, it will give you an option to update the app or check for updates. Update the app, and that should be good. I'm pretty sure that the version I had was something like 1.0.34, and the updated version is something like 1.0.57.

Apparently, the older versions of the app didn't have tilt control, so that's why an updated app will change things for you.

I hope this helps. Feel free to message me directly or reply for more info. I received a lot of help from this forum, so I'm very happy to "pay it back" however I can.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl