out of range... what's next ?

Reaction score
let's say I'm reaching maximum distance range flying NAZA mode... and beyond, will my phantom just go out of control ??? ... will be "autolanded" with failsafe mode ?? ...If I approach transmitter range again, will be again in my (RC) control ??
... I'm asking because I'm flying FPV but without OSD telemetry data.... how much battery power is drained with the OSD ?? is it really highly recommended ?? ...

any comments will be greatly appreciated...

Regards

I feel competent to answer only one question. Yes, the OSD is really worth it. I find myself using the OSD information almost more than the video feed itself, always processing the valuable information. Total newbie here, but in my opinion its really valuable information. If for some reason you loose video feed, you van navigate the phantom home purely on telemetry.

If the Phantom looses radio connection it will always invoke a Return to Home (Failsafe), in GPS or Atti mode (and I think even in Manual mode). But you always have to make sure you let it find at least 7 satellites and marked it's home point and nose position before taking off otherwise it will not know where 'home' is.

And IOSD is indeed a great addition and worth every dime. The 60 dollar cost is peanuts compared to the fun and safety it brings. The IOSD Mini doesn't take much power ands weighs almost nothing but if you are very worried you can always power your Video transmitter with a small and light 2S Lipo battery

If for some reason you loose video feed, you van navigate the phantom home purely on telemetry.

No, not true. If you loose video connection you also loose the telemetry, it is on the same video signal.
If you loose video and are flying beyond line of sight, the only way to 'navigate' back is to switch to Home Lock or Fail Safe. That's why the satellites are so important.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20