Our quads are mere toys: SEE THIS VIDEO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cool demo, no doubt, and a good display of what quads are capable of with an unlimited budget and talented coders.

I wonder what that whole project cost, including the IR "gps" system.

That was awesome.
Now if they can do it without the simulated GPS system. I would guess that satellite GPS is not fine enough for this detail of precision. These quads on their own are probably not much more impressive than a Phantom. But with it they are amazing. So it is not enough to just want one of these, you will need the whole system and a very impressive bit of gray matter to write these algorithms.

Nice find. Thanks

It's cool for what it is. We have to remember that the quads are part of a computer controlled, limited area. They have cameras everywhere, so the program knows exactly where every part is. It's more of an impressive demonstration of great programming.
Those quads are just regular quads that happen to be controlled by the computer.

Next step: putting the visual sensors on the quads themselves with a link to the computer so it can go outside. :) (at least until we can fit the program on an onboard computer)

Bump for great OT link and for anyone who missed this TED presentation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was very cool, let's not forget he was using camera tracking, wonder if he could pull to off with a GPS base system. Very soon they will be using them to serve drinks...where did you find this?

I Just saw the video from the OP. Amazing!

Here's another:
Vijay Kumar: Robots that fly ... and cooperate

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ErEBkj_3PY[/youtube]

And for the sake of embedding, here's the original from the OP:
Raffaello D'Andrea: The astounding athletic power of quadcopters

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads