Other drone options?

Reaction score
I'm very close to ordering a phantom 3 advanced but I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. Wondering if there was any other options on drones with the gps, light bridge, good battery, we'll pretty much everything the ps3 has except maybe not as good as a camera and gimble setup since this is something I don't think I really need

Until you've tried it you won't understand just how good Lightbridge is.
It's 1000% better than wifi for controlling a drone.
Only the P3 Advanced, the P3 Pro and their bigger and more expensive siblings the Inspire and Matrice come with Lightbridge.
Everything else using wifi is obsolete.

Not sure why someone would want a drone unless they had a good interest in aerial photography. With that, why not a good camera and gimbal. For the price of an Advanced, you are kind of getting the camera for free.

I have a blade nano qx which is where I started with drones and love flying that. I guess I just love the flight although I never did aerial photography so who knows maybe I'll love that part of it I just want to do a final check and make sure I'm getting the best drone for ME

Yeah I can't seem to find much that compares to the p3 after hundreds of reviews I do believe I'm making a good choice. I'm seeing a lot unexplained crashes from people on here but it also seems like dji has been taking care of them better

I am researching the Yuneec Q500 4K - Yuneec - Electric Aviation

There is even a forum for them - Yuneec Drone Forum
I researched them as well and didn't buy because they can not be started at 8000' or higher in elevation. For most people this is no big deal but I really enjoy the tops of mountains here and you get that full line of sight. You can start them at 7995 and go above 8000 but it will not start on its own at that height.

I'm very close to ordering a phantom 3 advanced but I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. Wondering if there was any other options on drones with the gps, light bridge, good battery, we'll pretty much everything the ps3 has except maybe not as good as a camera and gimble setup since this is something I don't think I really need
My new P3A arrived today, here's what I did. - Need the Pro's help :) | DJI Phantom Forum

I sold a p3p and bought a q500. Had the q for a day and was thinking about returning it. Gave it one last flight and it was taken by a haboob (real sudden storm). The thing did not have a chance in the wind as it is very slow. I ended up with a p3a a couple of days later.

The phantom really doesn't have an equal in its price range. Also had the solo but the range is very poor and you have to drop extra dough for the camera and gimbal.

When considering how stable the video is with the p3 it is amazing how nimble and fast it is.

With all the problems with the Phantom 3 (cracking shells, occasional software glitches, poor customer service etc.), it has no equal until you get to about 3 times the price. It flies faster, higher, further, with a better camera, more GPS stability and has a more full proof Return to Home than anything in its class.

Once I had done my research the choice was easy.

With all the problems with the Phantom 3 (cracking shells, occasional software glitches, poor customer service etc.), it has no equal until you get to about 3 times the price. It flies faster, higher, further, with a better camera, more GPS stability and has a more full proof Return to Home than anything in its class.

Once I had done my research the choice was easy.

That is right. I bought the second P3P also. There is no other option

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj