Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Other antennas for my fpv

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by PhantomSweden, Sep 13, 2015.

1. PhantomSweden

Hi. I am looking for better antennas for my Phantom2, i would like better range/image quality. The setup i have is this:
    Black Pearl 5.8G FPV monitor, DJI AVL58 video downlink transmitter, DJI iOSD Mini, Clover leaf antenna for AVL58 TX.
    I was thinking of getting this from FPVLR, 5.8GHz Premium Combo
    But I do not know what contact I need, its RP-SMA Male or SMA Male? and on the picture there is 3 antennas, but which goes where on the Phantom/remote?
    Anyone with this setup? pictures?
    //Daniel

2. RoyVa

What range are you getting with your current set up?

3. PhantomSweden

I do not really know, I get interference on the screen almost immediately.

4. kenjancef

I do as well, using stock antennas on my Black Pearl, but I'm using an ImmersionRC 600. I just ordered FatShark Spironets, should be in tomorrow. Thing is, it only comes with 2 antennas, and I assume one is for the Immersion, and one is for the right side of the Black Pearl. I'm seeing others using the square patch antennas on the left side of the Black Pearl, but I'd like to understand why it's on the left/how it works and all that before I spend the $$ for it. I just don't want to follow everyone else... if that makes sense....

5. PhantomSweden

Yes, I would like to know what to be mounted where and what contact I should have. Asked FPVLR but got no good answer. I'm not good at this, and it becomes more difficult in English for me. I only want good antennas that cope 1-2km without a lot of interference.

6. PhantomSweden

Nobody that can help me?

7. Reflection

I believe the IRC 600mw uses SMA. For your antenna, you would need the SMA male.

For the SlySight BlackPearl, I believe it's SMA also.

From FPVLR's site:
    "The straight antenna and the helix are usually mounted on a Black Pearl monitor with diversity receiver, and have SMA-MALE connectors.*** "

If you want to go with this product, get the SMA version. Connect the curve antenna to your transmit on your IRC 600mw. And the other two on your black pearl.

750r likes this.
  8. kenjancef

I just got a pair of FatShark Spironets, and can confirm that the Immersion and Black Pearl are SMA Female, so if the antenna is SMA Male then you are all set. I ordered a set of adapters just in case, cause I'm still learning about antennas and all that. I still get interference, even with the Spironets, so I initiated an exchange of the Black Pearl. Not sure if that's the issue, but I guess it's a starting point.

9. PhantomSweden

THANKS for your answer! know i can place a order!

10. PhantomSweden

Thanks, adapters. not a bad idea

11. kenjancef

I didn't need an adapter, but if you order, be careful... the picture on Amazon showed 2 adapters, but you only get one. Was surprised by that when I got them...

12. 750r

Have you tried switching channels on both transmitter & BP ?
    Your other question my BP switches between the 2 antennas R/L

13. kenjancef

Yea, I've tried changing channels, no good. And funny thing is, the antennas don't change, no matter what. The blue light always stays on the left side. I can go in and change the mode to Rx2, the right side, but it seems to not help. I missed the delivery of my replacement BP yesterday, so hopefully I can get it today and test it over the weekend.

14. kenjancef

Here is a quick example of what I get. The video shows I'm at 121m, but it does the same thing, only not as messy, when on the ground, gets worse as I go up...