Other antennas for my fpv

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for better antennas for my Phantom2, i would like better range/image quality. The setup i have is this:
Black Pearl 5.8G FPV monitor, DJI AVL58 video downlink transmitter, DJI iOSD Mini, Clover leaf antenna for AVL58 TX.
I was thinking of getting this from FPVLR, 5.8GHz Premium Combo
But I do not know what contact I need, its RP-SMA Male or SMA Male? and on the picture there is 3 antennas, but which goes where on the Phantom/remote?
Anyone with this setup? pictures?
//Daniel

What range are you getting with your current set up?

I do not really know, I get interference on the screen almost immediately.

I do as well, using stock antennas on my Black Pearl, but I'm using an ImmersionRC 600. I just ordered FatShark Spironets, should be in tomorrow. Thing is, it only comes with 2 antennas, and I assume one is for the Immersion, and one is for the right side of the Black Pearl. I'm seeing others using the square patch antennas on the left side of the Black Pearl, but I'd like to understand why it's on the left/how it works and all that before I spend the $$ for it. I just don't want to follow everyone else... if that makes sense....

I do as well, using stock antennas on my Black Pearl, but I'm using an ImmersionRC 600. I just ordered FatShark Spironets, should be in tomorrow. Thing is, it only comes with 2 antennas, and I assume one is for the Immersion, and one is for the right side of the Black Pearl. I'm seeing others using the square patch antennas on the left side of the Black Pearl, but I'd like to understand why it's on the left/how it works and all that before I spend the $$ for it. I just don't want to follow everyone else... if that makes sense....

Yes, I would like to know what to be mounted where and what contact I should have. Asked FPVLR but got no good answer. I'm not good at this, and it becomes more difficult in English for me. I only want good antennas that cope 1-2km without a lot of interference.

I believe the IRC 600mw uses SMA. For your antenna, you would need the SMA male.

For the SlySight BlackPearl, I believe it's SMA also.

From FPVLR's site:
"The straight antenna and the helix are usually mounted on a Black Pearl monitor with diversity receiver, and have SMA-MALE connectors.*** "

If you want to go with this product, get the SMA version. Connect the curve antenna to your transmit on your IRC 600mw. And the other two on your black pearl.

Reactions: 750r
I just got a pair of FatShark Spironets, and can confirm that the Immersion and Black Pearl are SMA Female, so if the antenna is SMA Male then you are all set. I ordered a set of adapters just in case, cause I'm still learning about antennas and all that. I still get interference, even with the Spironets, so I initiated an exchange of the Black Pearl. Not sure if that's the issue, but I guess it's a starting point.

I believe the IRC 600mw uses SMA. For your antenna, you would need the SMA male.

For the SlySight BlackPearl, I believe it's SMA also.

From FPVLR's site:
"The straight antenna and the helix are usually mounted on a Black Pearl monitor with diversity receiver, and have SMA-MALE connectors.*** "

If you want to go with this product, get the SMA version. Connect the curve antenna to your transmit on your IRC 600mw. And the other two on your black pearl.
THANKS for your answer! know i can place a order!

I just got a pair of FatShark Spironets, and can confirm that the Immersion and Black Pearl are SMA Female, so if the antenna is SMA Male then you are all set. I ordered a set of adapters just in case, cause I'm still learning about antennas and all that. I still get interference, even with the Spironets, so I initiated an exchange of the Black Pearl. Not sure if that's the issue, but I guess it's a starting point.
Thanks, adapters. not a bad idea

I still get interference, even with the Spironets, so I initiated an exchange of the Black Pearl. Not sure if that's the issue.
Have you tried switching channels on both transmitter & BP ?
Your other question my BP switches between the 2 antennas R/L

Have you tried switching channels on both transmitter & BP ?
Your other question my BP switches between the 2 antennas R/L

Yea, I've tried changing channels, no good. And funny thing is, the antennas don't change, no matter what. The blue light always stays on the left side. I can go in and change the mode to Rx2, the right side, but it seems to not help. I missed the delivery of my replacement BP yesterday, so hopefully I can get it today and test it over the weekend.

Here is a quick example of what I get. The video shows I'm at 121m, but it does the same thing, only not as messy, when on the ground, gets worse as I go up...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers