Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

OSMO Owners - Great Microphone Mount Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stacy Cobb, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Stacy Cobb

For those of you trying to overcome the terrible Microphone on the OSMO we have a great and very popular mount that is shaking the industry. The Adjustable OSMO Cold Shoe mount by AerialDroneAccessories.com allows you to place your mic above or below your mounted mobile device. We also offer Sunshades for the iPhone 6/6s(+) if your looking for a way to cut the sun. Check out our OSMO Offerings: DJI OSMO - Aerial Drone Accessories OSMO-CSM1.jpg

2. rockydog

How are you getting your VideoMicro to work? I didn't think the Osmo mic input supplied power.

3. Stacy Cobb

Hi @rockydog - The OSMO does not supply power however only microphones that require a pre-amp need power. The VideoMicro is a condenser mic and does not need it, however it does do a great job. Here is a link of some video we shot with the OSMO, the cold shoe mount and the Rode VideoMicro.

4. rockydog

Thanks for the info....when I read the original specs, it seemed to imply it would only work with cameras that provide plug-in power via the input socket so I hadn't tried it with the Osmo......I now have, and it works fine!...Thanks again.