Osmo or Osmo+?

Reaction score
Just purchased the Phantom 4 Pro last week and I'm planning to get an Osmo . . . do you think the Osmo+ is worth the $100+ extra over the original Osmo? I normally like to get the latest version of something, but that extra money would pay for extra batteries, a mic, etc.

Before you get that, consider getting this. It was a hitt CES 2017. I still might get it.

I really want something with a better camera than a phone offers. I use Feiyu Tech and FunnyGo gimbals with my GoPro, but want to get that better image quality that I'd get from the Osmo. I just wish the sound was better on the Osmo.

I'm about 90% certain I'll go with the plus, not just for the zoom but for the minor improvements on the camera over the first Osmo. But that price difference has me thinking LOL

I really want something with a better camera than a phone offers. I use Feiyu Tech and FunnyGo gimbals with my GoPro, but want to get that better image quality that I'd get from the Osmo. I just wish the sound was better on the Osmo.

I'm about 90% certain I'll go with the plus, not just for the zoom but for the minor improvements on the camera over the first Osmo. But that price difference has me thinking LOL
yea... 2017 is supposed to be releasing some new phones. With new phones comes new cameras on them, and at this rate, it's only a matter of time before the tech on the osmo+ gets outdated by your next smartphone(besides the zoom). I just listed it here for reference. I also saw some guy selling his osmo on this site, but I forgot if it was a + or normal version. It was about $500.

Not a huge difference between the Osmo & Osmo+. If you can swing it, the Osmo Pro is the place to be. The video quality of the Zenmuse X5 is way beyond that of the X3 camera on the Osmo+. Speaking from experience. I have both. :)

Just purchased the Phantom 4 Pro last week and I'm planning to get an Osmo . . . do you think the Osmo+ is worth the $100+ extra over the original Osmo? I normally like to get the latest version of something, but that extra money would pay for extra batteries, a mic, etc.

I would suggest Zhiyun Smooth Q instead, which is priced at 800 CNY (120 USD), and does everything that OSMO does. I myself am a very satisfied Smooth Q owner.

If you're wondering which one to get, hopefully this will help?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you're wondering which one to get, hopefully this will help?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stop posting your YouTube video everywhere just to get more views. This is an old thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic