OSD output ain't happening yet

Reaction score
I finally got the four pin connector I needed. Wound up buying another fpv hub package because the original did not have the four pin.
From hub to iosd mini.
transmitter on, monitor on, bird on.
No data on screen.
Even tried turning the rotors on. Still no data.
I'm spending all this money and making dji filthy rich, and I can't use their products as intended.
What the sam heck do I need to make it work?

Have you done the software/firmware update?
Are you getting an image from the camera?

To update the iOSD you plug the USB into the iOSD.

is it just the iOSD mini overlay you aren't getting, or ANY video signal at all?

Have you confirmed channels on your video transmitter and receiver?

I know it seems dumb but when I first installed by FPV stuff I forgot to turn the GoPro on... I went over all my connections 3 times before I realized all I needed to do was turn the gopro on heh

Downloaded the software and attempted to install.
Still get nothing.
Tried a number of combinations and nothing works.
I also disconnected the supplied canbus connector.

When I run the software, I get the splash screen and in order to continue, I must click the "skip" button.
That takes me to the screen that shows the various things I can change to my liking.

Does DJI, or anyone, have a tutorial video on this?

The CAN-bus needs to be connected and the Phantom needs to be on (the iOSD gets its power from the Phantom via the CAN-bus)

Suwaneeguy said:
Does DJI, or anyone, have a tutorial video on this?

The first step in this video is a guy installing an iOSD mini, and then onwards with a immersionRC 600mW video Tx (doesn't matter which video Tx you have, the conceps are the same I have a Boscam) and then finishing up with the H3-2D gimbal. the 3D gimbal mounts differently but it's pretty close.

the fact that you're saying the iOSD Assistant software is not detecting an attached iOSD means that the iOSD is not powered on. There are only 2 possibilities for the iOSD to not be getting power: 1) phantom is not powered on. 2) iOSD is not connected properly to the supplied CAN-BUS connector. (side note - you know never to power on the video transmitter without an antenna attached, yes? so if your video Tx is already wired into power when the Phantom powers on make sure there's an antenna!)

you may notice in the above video the guy describes removing the externally mounted CAN-BUS connector, pulling the cable inside the Phantom, then you have to re-attached the end of the cable and plug the iOSD into that plug. this is how you mount the IOSD internally.

then the iOSD will be getting telemetry info and power from that cable. the OTHER cable for the IOSD is only for video in (and ground) and video out (and ground). I followed that video all the way through installing those pieces, splicing into the video from the Phantom's main board and then splicing the output to the plug for my video transmitter.

watch the video I think it'll be a help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl