OSD on the FC40... and DJI said it couldn't be done

Oeka, I am assuming the signal from your hero3+ is transmitted through the Boscam. On the receiving end, what kind of screen do you have that will accept the boscam receiver? (I have been using my Galaxy note 4 with the FC40 camera, not sure if I would need to get a new screen)

Zdrone said:
Oeka, I am assuming the signal from your hero3+ is transmitted through the Boscam. On the receiving end, what kind of screen do you have that will accept the boscam receiver? (I have been using my Galaxy note 4 with the FC40 camera, not sure if I would need to get a new screen)

My screen does not work with the boscam TS321 transmitter, i use the RC802 receiver -> my screen. Btw, i use this screen: http://bit.ly/1yxGtro
It is somewhat small, but works great for the low price! I do not miss the FC40 camera, delay and all ;)

Zdrone said:
No lag? How about 300 yards/meters out?

Not sure. Have not tested with OSD, so dont know what distance i have been doing. Also awaiting a antenna for the receiver that should give good range. Ask me again after i get my gopro back from repair.. ;)

I gave up the FC40 camera a while back. The lag time was bad,the coverage with the iPad app was even worse. I would lose connection and not be able to get it back. I switched to a Fpv camera mounted on the gimbal motor next to the SJ4000 so I can see what the SJ is pointing at .i use a 1.2 ghz transmitter and receiver . I was checking out my mini Osd this weekend and was up 60 meters and 445 meters away . I still had a visual on it ,when my Osd changed to FS then Ghome ,i could see on the monitor that the Phantom was heading back home. :p about 30 seconds later Ghome went away and I had control again.

I know what the range is now.

So Tallyrvr, you're getting about 455 meters range on your control and more from your 1.2 g transmitter?

Sure is nice to hear of another FC40 with OSD. Makes me smile :D

I've got tons of great information about the FC40 being capable of OSD from IIVII.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9222
This guy has completed some amazing mods on our Phantom. If it weren't for him, I never would have started this thread.

THANKS IIVII ;)

Guys, I stumbled across a greek guy who has put a video up of him travelling 1700m or so.

Then he says he's upgraded his antenna on his controller and reckons he will get 3-4km!

I like me some Osd!!!

plymouthphantom said:
Guys, I stumbled across a greek guy who has put a video up of him travelling 1700m or so.

Then he says he's upgraded his antenna on his controller and reckons he will get 3-4km!

Nice but, are you just teasing or are you going to share a link? :lol:

Here is the 1.7km trip, no on screen proof but it's clear he has travelled a fair distance.

http://youtu.be/xOLWdc0x14Q

To improve the range he has bought a pigtail and a bluesky 5.8ghz and used that in place of the standard controller antenna - looks a very simple upgrade!

IflyinWY said:
So Tallyrvr, you're getting about 455 meters range on your control and more from your 1.2 g transmitter?

I've got tons of great information about the FC40 being capable of OSD from IIVII.
This guy has completed some amazing mods on our Phantom. If it weren't for him, I never would have started this thread.

THANKS IIVII ;)

Thanks I FlyinWY :D

for those who want an (english) :mrgreen: plug N play osd for their Fc40 .. check out the S-OSD it uses the same code as minnaza , so it's fully customizable .

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/s-osd-remzib ... -iosd.html

http://youtu.be/XGzWruDLUQE

Yes!!!! I was not a fan of the Chinese on the screen and this is plug and play awesome :D Thanks for finding this IIVII! :)

IIVII said:
IflyinWY said:

THANKS IIVII ;)

for those who want an (english) :mrgreen: plug N play osd for their Fc40 .. check out the S-OSD it uses the same code as minnaza , so it's fully customizable .

http://youtu.be/XGzWruDLUQE

IIVII said:
IflyinWY said:

THANKS IIVII ;)

http://youtu.be/XGzWruDLUQE[/quote]

Thanks IIVII. This looks pretty interesting and something I might want to tackle. A few questions though. In the schematic picture showing the OSD hookups, what item is the top left (red box), the item to the right of that (top center), and item under the battery, (middle right). Are these things in/on the FC40 or items that need to be bought as well?
TIA....

Aghh! Wish I'd got this one instead of the N1 with the chinese text. Nevermind. The N1 has voltage, altitude, distance, home arrow etc so good enough for me for now. Good find though.

To answer the question above, the top left is the LED indicator (the light which flashes on the FC40 to show sat lock etc) as on other quads which use naza they may have a seperate LED unit.

Not sure what the bit below the battery symbol is though

Ok, so the slow boat from China arrived today with my Goodluckbuy S OSD . Instructions? Not the first hint of any.
After watching a few YouTube videos in Chinese ,I have it mostly hooked up. It shows GPS sat count ,voltage,latitude and longitude , horizon indicator dose not move when I move the quad. All I have hooked up is the GPS and led in out,video in out and voltage, anyone know what else I need? Pictures,diagram?
So I have the GPS ,led,and voltage wires correct And no Chinese characters on the screen, but I do have a craving for some take out. :mrgreen:

Tallyrver said:
Ok, so the slow boat from China arrived today with my Goodluckbuy S OSD . Instructions? Not the first hint of any.
After watching a few YouTube videos in Chinese ,I have it mostly hooked up. It shows GPS sat count ,voltage,latitude and longitude , horizon indicator dose not move when I move the quad. All I have hooked up is the GPS and led in out,video in out and voltage, anyone know what else I need? Pictures,diagram?
So I have the GPS ,led,and voltage wires correct And no Chinese characters on the screen, but I do have a craving for some take out. :mrgreen:

Please please please! I've bought exactly your osd but I'm scared I'm not able to set it up, could you please post some pics with wires connected? I'm total noob...
Thank you very very much in advance

My N1 OSD module arrived a few weeks ago but I had to wait for my 900MHz FPV setup from Hobbyking before I could use it.
Well finally a few days ago the FPV stuff arrived. Boy, these antennas are big. But after the initial shock I mounted everything on the FC40 and it looks pretty cool. The Tx antenna is quite long so I have to turn it 45 degrees up before take off and rotate it down once hovering. But it works and I quickly took it out flying yesterday (cold and too much wind) and was quite satisfied with the video reception. Didn't take it further than 1000ft though.

Now the N1 OSD works pretty good. The only thing I have to figure out is how to get the lat/long back in the display. It started up (after I put it in DJI mode) with flashing coordinates in the low centre on the screen which I quite liked. However, after powering it up the next time the coordinates were gone. I do get a flashing Chinese message every now and then, anyone else has that and knows what that could mean?

There's a lot to discover with this little thing. I think the heading and height are default taken from the GPS data and should be set to compass and barometer, I read on a Dutch forum that some folks messed with that with success. Going to try that. As it is now, the heading seems to only update correctly when the quad is moving, just like with handheld GPS. Also the height is sometimes a bit (or a lot) off like it's reading GPS height instead of (relative) barometer pressure height.

But I'm very pleased with the results so far. Finally I can take my FC40 BLOS and check how far the 5.8GHz control range really is. Without FPV/OSD I would never take it to the point where it would go into Failsafe because I wouldn't see it anymore after 1000ft. Next step will probably be a change to 2.4GHz because I'm quite confident this FPV setup will outrange the 5.8GHz control range by at least a factor 2.

I'm going to mess around a little with the N1 OSD. I'm sure there are a lot of hidden (for us non Chinese anyway) features waiting to be discovered. If I find anything worth mentioning I'll post it here.
Thanks for pointing me to this. I like it better than the IOSD-mini because it is configurable and I just love these quests for hidden stuff and it saves a PMU-V2 or main PCB upgrade. Install was very simple and neat.

I spent some quality time with my toys last night, hooking up the S-OSD . Got the artificial horizon working by using the F1 and F2 3 wire connectors from the Naza to the inputs on the OSD board. The F1 controls the tilt left and right ,the F2 controls ascend and descend .i use the bottom wire of F2 for my gimbal tilt,so I taped into the wire and ran it to the gimbal,it still worked. The horizon moves up or down with the tilt...not a big deal.
The LED and GPS connections at the board come loose easily,so some hot glue or some other adhesive will need to be used ,like the white stuff DJI uses. I think you can change the values from metric to imperial and move stuff around etc.
I ordered a Usb connector from Amazon to see if I can .
There are some more connections at the lower right ,RSSI ,Channel 6 ,channel 3 in and out ..not sure about those yet.
The left side is for camera in and out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20