OSD on the FC40... and DJI said it couldn't be done

i just watched the youtube video posted above,looks good.

plymouthphantom said:
OEKA, any news?

Easy install! Now i just need to make it prrrdy and neat..

Menu in pure chinese, but managed to change to "Dji" style by clicking the third line. Last one is exit.

WOW! Google translate (androind app store) works like a charm! Just take a picture of the screen and then translate! :D

Oeka, thanks. Was it a very easy install? Does it need power to work or is the power just to feed the vtx and camera if required?

How do you select the options, is there a button on the board? How long did it take for yours to be delivered?

plymouthphantom said:
Oeka, thanks. Was it a very easy install? Does it need power to work or is the power just to feed the vtx and camera if required?

How do you select the options, is there a button on the board? How long did it take for yours to be delivered?

The install was easy, i had the right tools and the right cables. I power my unit straight off the power board, works fine. It will not power the camera, i think you then must do a 5v output. I am nearly finished soldering and fitting the unit now. Might do a test flight tomorrow :)

OK,

I am going to be looking to power the gimbal with the aux power leads which come down the legs. Then I've got to decide how to power the OSD board and the vTx. I am reluctanct to have too much pulling power from the phantom. I may connect the power for the OSD board in to the phantom as it's draw should be minimal and then use an external 11.1v 3S 450mah Lipo to power the vTX

Do you know if I can power the vTX and then that can in turn power the OSD board? Or power the OSD board and then that can power the vTX? Or connect both the OSD board and vTx to the 11.1 450mah battery? I want to avoid soldering to my phantom if I can!

plymouthphantom said:
OK,

I am going to be looking to power the gimbal with the aux power leads which come down the legs. Then I've got to decide how to power the OSD board and the vTx. I am reluctanct to have too much pulling power from the phantom. I may connect the power for the OSD board in to the phantom as it's draw should be minimal and then use an external 11.1v 3S 450mah Lipo to power the vTX

Do you know if I can power the vTX and then that can in turn power the OSD board? Or power the OSD board and then that can power the vTX? Or connect both the OSD board and vTx to the 11.1 450mah battery? I want to avoid soldering to my phantom if I can!

I have both the vtx and gimbal from the aux power leads, and i connected the osd to the main power source. Not sure if the osd gets its power from the vtx or main board, its connected to both..

I am very interested in adding this unit to my FC40, but have no experience soldering on boards and the like. Is this all required to make this work?

OEKA, what battery are you using? What are your flight times? I would have thought all that gear pulling power from the phantom wouldn't be great?

Yes, you can...
I have fitted it in my phantom 1.. And it works very good..
You anly have to plug the gps in the unit, plug the cable from the unit in the naza.. Connect 2 leads from the battery to e unit and you are done..

plymouthphantom said:
OEKA, what battery are you using? What are your flight times? I would have thought all that gear pulling power from the phantom wouldn't be great?

I am using two different batteries now. I get aprox. 6/8 min with original 2200mah battery and i get around 8/9 min with the Bronto 3000mah battery. I have not done so much flying lately, mostly building and modding the quad :)

I am using stock props. I might try connecting the gimbal and vtx to a small 3s battery in the future, or just upgrading to a multistar 4000mah. Quite expensive shipping from hobbyking to Norway, aprox. 25 USD just for shipping on large lipos. :/

Zdrone said:
I am very interested in adding this unit to my FC40, but have no experience soldering on boards and the like. Is this all required to make this work?

I did some soldering and used some heat shrink to isolate the wires. I also had some cables lying around to make it a good fit. Its quite basic, the picture in the first post shows how you must connect the OSD unit. The reason i chose to solder is that the cable goes from the gopro -> OSD. OSD -> vtx. The cables plugs would not go throu the frame without cutting them or cutting the phantom frame. And also you need to connect the OSD to the main power, this so you can monitor the voltage on the screen.

plymouthphantom said:
Thanks OEKA that's given me a better understanding!

My pleasure. :) now i just have to wait for my gopro to come back from repair, stopped charging/working throu usb. :/ I think i maybe have damaged it, i have been feeding it 11v :(

Hi OEKA would like to know if the cable from the exp to the naza comes with the module, or if it has to be ordered seperatly.

Dji Fc40 walkera gimbal Gopro hero3+ silver
Boscam ts321 500mw TX +Boscam RC 802 2.4 gh Rec
Mini Osd
Flying in Saskatchewan Canada

OEKA,
Are you using a GPS antenna like in the video and on the Goodluckbuy page? In other words, what's the other end of the GPS cable from the OSD connected to?
TIA

Have you had your baby in the air yet? :D

@guards: Cables come with the module.

@BlackOpsTeamster: I connenct GPS cable to OSD, then from EXP on OSD to EXP on NAZA module. Thats the quick part about this build. :)

@Tallyrver: No, i have no gopro for the moment, had to go for warranty repair (not charging via USB), so mot much fun flying without FPV. :/ But i hope and recon it will work, have "swinged" it around my livingroom, and the stats and homepoint seems to be correct on the screen.

Reactions: rattydude77

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost