Orthomap Software?

Reaction score
I'm really interested in purchasing a drone and understand what I want and the process for it. But I have a question and thought this would be a good place to ask.

I would like to purchase or just research and get an idea on prices for the best software that makes Orthomaps. Can anyone please give me a list of the top 5 or top 10??

Thanks ahead of time!

Agisoft Photoscan is probably the most commonly used program.
There are also services that provide aps for capturing and they process the images to produce the orthophoto etc for you
Look for DroneDeploy, Maps Made Easy and Pix4D.

Thanks I'll look into it! DroneDeploy, I hear, is fairly buggy still though isn't it?? I heard lots of great things about it but a couple small things, such as offline map tile caching?

Last edited:
I've played with Opendronemap on Linux is you're into tinkering (and free).

It just does the 3d stitching into a mesh (opened with meshlab).

No routre planning, no fancy viewers. But free.

Routes could be done in litchi

I used it a little a couple of months ago to try it out and didn't notice any problems

Are you using android or apple?? I also heard/read that the battery isnt showing up properly on the dronedeploy app. So I was told to watch it manually to bring it to homebase before the battery runs out.

Are you using android or apple??
I also heard/read that the battery isnt showing up properly on the dronedeploy app.
So I was told to watch it manually to bring it to homebase before the battery runs out.
I'm using Apple and didn't see any problem with battery display.
Here's a screenshot I made of DroneDeploy doing a 35 acre survey
Screenshot_2015-10-20-12-23-56%5B1%5D-L.png

And here's a very much shrunken version of the rectified orthophoto created from 115 images in the grid above
5X20a_Tallowood%20orthophoto-X2.jpg

Can I download/load a somewhat local map or will I haft'a load a whole N America one?
You work from a local area map.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr