Orlando anyone?

Reaction score
I'm new to the orlando area and just got my P3S in the mail. Just looking for somebody to fly with and some good spots as well.

Haha, very true. I was just looking for something other than culdasacs and rows of houses.

I'm not in Orlando, but in Clearwater. I've found lakes and the beach is awesome. Sunset over houses, or a lake, or anything is great. Also, golf courses are fun too!

I'm in Orlando and just got my P3S last week. Been looking for some spots to fly too. I've flown around barber park, but the planes seem to want to fly over the park low which concerns me. Thinking about trying Lake Eola. Have you heard or tried any other spots ?

I live in Orlando. There's an RCACF field in Apopka but it's for members only. Great open space for flying. I also fly around Lake Apopka not too far from the 429

My cousin lives in Homestead, I know that's a bit farther south than you are, but I've spent time in the keys, and I think its my favorite place in the US. We spent time on a deserted island, Big Munson Is, and the water, the fish, those little key deer, it was all just great. I was sleeping on the beach, and in the middle of the night, a turtle came out of the ocean, laid her eggs, and lumbered back into the surf. This was a few years back, before drones, and I just wish I could've had it back then.

I'm in Orlando and just got my P3S last week. Been looking for some spots to fly too. I've flown around barber park, but the planes seem to want to fly over the park low which concerns me. Thinking about trying Lake Eola. Have you heard or tried any other spots ?
I went to f burton regional park and got a cool video of an alligator then I went to cocoa beach and chased some seagulls around. Maybe we can meet up one day. Idk if you've seen it but the big open area I fly in is by one of the publix it has a big white flag pole. I've been looking for more interesting places to fly. The beach was fun but the weather wasn't too good.

Yeah, its seems like its always windy on mustang island. Plus there's some scuttlebutt about the laws here in texas. Cant fly higher than 8 ft, and if you film anybody, they can get you for spying. I just make sure the beach is empty, or its early enough that all the older people in the rv park are still asleep. I always hand catch it too when I'm on the beach. Sand, salt, that kinda stuff I don't need.

Haha. That would suck. Most the people I see while flying seem more interested than irritated.

Me too. The first week I was here I was flying out in front of the rv. Before I knew it there were three old guys standing around, asking me questions, asking if I'd been down to the beach with it. I had to stop short of telling them I could take aerials of their rigs and email them. I didn't know if they all knew what a laptop was....ha

Lol. I had the old man and his wife ride up to me on his motorcycle today. I thought he was going to be a grouch Cuz I was flying around the pavilion he was in at the park. But he was real nice and by the end of our conversation he was telling me that he was buying a p3 as soon as he got home. Haha

BTW Have you got the latest update to the app, and if you do, are you having any reception or distance problems? I've been hearing a lot on here about it, but I haven't experienced any.

It came out about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I don't know the number. I believe the one I have is 1.8 or 1.9. I'll have to look at it and see. Downloaded it off a link I got from here. A non English speaking web link.......blah. Don't know if I got the right one or not. But it works. Testing it for distance tomorrow. If yours is flying fine then I wouldnt worry, until something goes wrong that is. All I know is the app says I have the latest update.

Go to the dji website. I just downloaded the new one. It's version 2.4.3. On the dji website go to downloads. Then it will show a Barcode for the app and beside it there will be something that says "get it at Google play" "get it at Apple store" click whatever one you need. Sounds like the one you have might be out of date.

The app is pretty good about telling you if you're up to date or not. I'll have to admit though, I wasn't expecting to have to constantly update something I bought that worked fine when I bought it. It came 3 months ago and had no software no software out of the box. I loaded software on it and got it flying. Then two months later, I'm doing the same thing. I figure I'm good, for about two months that is...lol

If any of you would be interested in meeting up this week let me know. I'm free this Tuesday and Wednesday. Would prefer to fly early

I'm definitely up for it. Tuesdays wind looks a little lower than wednesdays. How early would you like to get out?

Around 10 or 11 at downtown Lake Eola? I know there's an open area that shouldn't be too busy. Me neighbor just purchased at P3S during black Friday and I'm sure I can get him to come out too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20