Original Phantom 1

Reaction score
How many people out there still flying the original Phantom 1? I have the original and it flies like a champ. Does everything I ask it to do. Shoots great vid's with my Go Pro.

I did purchase a P2V and sent it back to Dji for a refund since they came out with the P2V + 5 days after I bought it.

Still have not decided if I will upgrade again. I think I may just continue to fly my original Phantom and enjoy it.

I really love it. Just curious how many people still enjoy flying their first Phantom?

Thanks

I'm flying a 1.1.1. Flies great, and I have a blast with it.

I have a 1.1.1, I didn't like it's performance fully loaded with FPV, Dual batts and all that. So I have T-Motors and twist P2 props. Now I like it again.

I have an old 1.1. I have enough invested in it where it would be a loss of $ and no functional gain to move to a p2. Not to mention the locked Naza. My expansion plans are building new multis and keeping the phantom as a tight, portable AV package.

Does my 1.5 count? It was a 1.2 when I bought it 8 months ago, and I still love it as much as the day I got it.

h3VdlgXl.jpg

ElGuano said:
My expansion plans are building new multis and keeping the phantom as a tight, portable AV package.

Ditto. And my list of setups I want to build next is now up to 5.

I have had the V1.1.1 since December and I love mine. For the flying I do the V1.1.1 is a great fit and I like not having to worry about a very expensive proprietary battery even considering the extra flight time. I have enjoyed modding the Phantom and it was extremely enjoyable on our Hawaii vacation! Video for a lifetime that I really could not have gotten any other way! The Phantom keeps me smiling! :mrgreen:

I have keep reminding myself the throttle doesn't self-center. Started practicing on baseball diamonds running the bases for training. Ate chain-link fence of both the outfield and dugout in the beginning. Never used moon gel, but added isolation plates and dampers. Fat Shark video transmitter. I use it now for practice rather than my P2.

I like my 1.1.1 and do not plan on ever purchasing another quad until it dies.

It does the job I need.

Mine is ver. 1.0, It flies great... experienced bud :lol:

Actually, it has these "minor" specs and changes:

1) 350+ flights 15 months old.
2) 5 bumps on landing 1 low level crash... Skid replaced Compass wire replaced
3) T-motors after 200 fligths. Original motors still functional.
4) Phantom Vision props (extended 3 minutes flight time)
5) EZ-OSD and telemetry.
6) Removable Arris CM2000 gimbal with GoPro
7) CCD Mini FPV cam 520 TVL
8) Immersion 600 mW FPV VTX with Spironet antennas
9) Updated stock TX with Turnigy 9XR and RX with Frysky DJT- X8R dual antenna

Happy fliying 15 minutes with 2700 mAh maddog batteries :mrgreen:

I have the first phantom and until today works excellent.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I don't even have the 1.1.1. I have the first one and I purchased it last summer. I guess it would be ver 1.0.

It flies great and does the job. Used the RTH a couple weeks back because I lost site of it over a wooded area. Returned and landed about 3 ft from where it took off.

I like "Ol Photog" have a P1 (an original) stuffed in a P2 shell for bigger battery option and it flies great. It's my smooth video option. I have Kongcopter 450 which is my "kamakazee" flyer

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 473
First time posting in this forum. I am usually over at ebike forum. Saw a video of phantom recording someone biking and thought it was very cool. So I see the price is very reasonable on amazon for 530 including extra battery, props, anti vibration damper, etc. Seems like a good deal. I might decide to buy this week. I'm in USA.

I have the P 1.1.1 and its great. I have modded mine up a bit and Im sure i will continue to do so. I dont see the need to buy anything else because i can make my P1 do the same thing for the same or less money over time.

1.0 here. Bought it when they first came out back in early 2013 and I got sidetracked and I'm just now getting to have some fun. I already had a GoPro 3 Black so I just ordered a Zenmuse H3-3D and upgrade board. P2 twist props too. Working on the FPV and OSD. I'm running Dingy 2800 mah batteries and loving the extra flight time. Tight fit in the old case but they fit. I may swap the lower case for a P2 case like other are doing but I'm choking on that $140 for one battery. So far just one bent prop on a hard landing on first flight.

Attachments

• point_day.jpg
    point_day.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 279
Purchased my Phantom V1.2 last November. It's been great for what it is. In February I built my F550, with H3-2D, Datalink, AeroXcraft landing skids. I've been flying the F550 for the most part and using the Phantom to teach those interested how to fly.
Very recently I've been giving some serious thought to placing the innards of the Phantom into a P2 body so I can use a pair of Multistar 4000mAh batteries in the larger bay. In the last week I've swapped out the generic Chinese gimbal for a Walkera G-2D and Ilook camera to reduce the AUW and negate the need for a separate video TX.

Would I buy another Phantom? My answer is a definite no. But that would be the same for any RTF multirotor. What I have learnt is that it's within anyone's capabilities, if they are prepared to spend the time, to build something just as, if not more, capable as a Phantom for considerably less money than a Phantom. I'm not saying the Phantoms are not value for money but I found my interest has deviated away from simply flying and gone more into the build and software annex of multirotors.

Regards

Nidge

Nidge said:
Very recently I've been giving some serious thought to placing the innards of the Phantom into a P2 body so I can use a pair of Multistar 4000mAh batteries in the larger bay.

As soon as they get back in stock in the US I'll be testing a pair in my 1.5, looks like they should juuuust squeeze in there.

I have the 6600mAh 4S due to arrive tomorrow for my 550, can't wait to try that one too :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20