Orientation of controller

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how I can see on the small map in the corner, if I'm pointing the controller directly at the Phantom while it's flying and not at an offset angle? How do I make sure the controller is pointing straight at the bird to get the best/strongest signal while using the Windsurfers antenna?

I know that the red arrow shows the orientation of the aircraft and the green line is the route to the home point.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how I can see on the small map in the corner, if I'm pointing the controller directly at the Phantom while it's flying and not at an offset angle? How do I make sure the controller is pointing straight at the bird to get the best/strongest signal while using the Windsurfers antenna?

I know that the red arrow shows the orientation of the aircraft and the green line is the route to the home point.

The little compass in the lower left corner if the arrow is straight up, the controller is pointing directly to the drone.

The little compass in the lower left corner if the arrow is straight up, the controller is pointing directly to the drone.

Is that the small compass with the red and blue arrow you're referring to?

Is that the small compass with the red and blue arrow you're referring to?

It is in the lower left corner of the DJI Go screen when not in Sport mode. As long as the arrow is on the vertical line above center, you are pointing at the aircraft with your antenna.

It is in the lower left corner of the DJI Go screen when not in Sport mode. As long as the arrow is on the vertical line above center, you are pointing at the aircraft with your antenna.

Hmmm...I'm not sure I understand you correctly, is it this compass you mean (with the pink arrow pointing at it)?

dji1.jpg

wait what??? there is a way on the dji go app to see if you(the controller) are facing the AC ?? Hows the heck is that possible?
From what i know is that compass in the app shows which way is North and south relative to the air craft.

I'm talking about the radar in the bottom left of the DJI Go app. If the red arrow is on the vertical above, you are pointing directly at it.

IMG_1976.jpg

That's exactly the feature I'm looking for...But does it excist?
Click the little target icon at the top, right of your mini map in your screenshot above. That'll show the radar.

Android does not show the compass by default like apple. It also depends on your screen size.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj