Oregon?

I'm been wanting to bring mine with me when I go to the dunes to do some flying out over the ocean

Hello. I live in the Corvallis area and have had my p4 just about a month now. Having a ton of fun and also looking for others to fly with.
Dave

Hey, just joined the forum. I'm at the east end of Springfield. Very new to the family, my Phantom is in the mail.

Reactions: Helihover
Here's the view from 300' over my house in Springfield

DJI_0035edit.jpeg IMG_5940.JPG DJI_0037edit.jpg

Just got a P3S for my birthday, woohoo!!!. Flying, cycling and taking pictures, wherever work takes me, currently in Redmond. Doing life in Lebanon.

Reactions: STGill
Nice video Jack! Looks like someone has been practicing:)

Here's my lastest.... Footage you will probably never see anywhere else:)

Reactions: STGill
Just got a P3S for my birthday, woohoo!!!. Flying, cycling and taking pictures, wherever work takes me, currently in Redmond. Doing life in Lebanon.

Welcome! Drop me a note if you swing by Springfield sometime.

My phantom 4 crashed bad and I'm looking at getting the Mavic Pro. If anyone is interested in purchasing Phantom 4 accessories, such as: extra batteries, Polar Pro filters, DJI backpack, Polar Pro Landing Gear, Polar Pro Gimbal Guards, Polar Pro LED lighting, Extra Propellers, Polar Pro Sun-Shade, Phantom 4 Controller, DJI charger, and Phantom 4 3 battery charger hub and possibly more. I have to run a full inventory of what I have.

I'm located on Central Oregon Coast, willing to drive for meet-ups in person or ship. Will take pictures on request.

Phantom 4 Accessories, Batteries, Lenses, and So Much More
Phantom 4 Accessories, Batteries, Lenses, and So Much More

de5129c3e8604247ad775ecb3b22b608.jpg

Last edited:
Who's here from Oregon? or, even WA or NorCal? Im in the Eugene area, havent met fellow Phantom owners here yet.
I'm in Bend, OR. I have a P4. I haven't done much flying lately because I found out I can't fly in many places I'd like to (state parks, wilderness, wildlife refuges, etc.) I have some videos posted on you tube under oddball9441.

Reactions: Digdat0
I'm in Bend, OR. I have a P4. I haven't done much flying lately because I found out I can't fly in many places I'd like to (state parks, wilderness, wildlife refuges, etc.) I have some videos posted on you tube under oddball9441.

Did you find rules posted at each park? As far as I know Oregon still doesn't have a statewide policy, it's up to the individual parks. That would suck if every park near you has banned them.

Reactions: Digdat0
Did you find rules posted at each park? As far as I know Oregon still doesn't have a statewide policy, it's up to the individual parks. That would suck if every park near you has banned them.
The Oregon state parks director is a young gal named Lisa Sumption. In an interview last April she said:

"Right now, there are no rules related to drones in the state park system. It has been a case-by-case basis. If a drone could hurt people, the resource or park property, park managers have asked drone operators to stop. At Smith Rock, for example, no drones are allowed because of nesting eagles. Next step will be crafting rules, park to park, for drones.

We want to make sure that somebody else’s visit isn’t going to be unduly affected by drones. You can imagine a cloud of drones hanging over South Falls at Silver Falls State Park. ... That’s stuff we’ll work through." Oregon state parks director talks crowding, fees, drones and Leslie Knope

Smith Rock was the place I most wanted to fly in. When I called them they said it was because of all the rock climbers.
You would have to call each park before you go there. Bummer.

The Oregon state parks director is a young gal named Lisa Sumption. In an interview last April she said:

"Right now, there are no rules related to drones in the state park system. It has been a case-by-case basis. If a drone could hurt people, the resource or park property, park managers have asked drone operators to stop. At Smith Rock, for example, no drones are allowed because of nesting eagles. Next step will be crafting rules, park to park, for drones.

We want to make sure that somebody else’s visit isn’t going to be unduly affected by drones. You can imagine a cloud of drones hanging over South Falls at Silver Falls State Park. ... That’s stuff we’ll work through." Oregon state parks director talks crowding, fees, drones and Leslie Knope

Smith Rock was the place I most wanted to fly in. When I called them they said it was because of all the rock climbers.

Sign now at Smith Rock State Park:

Attachments

• drone closure.jpg
    drone closure.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 397
  • drone closure.jpg
    drone closure.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
Was thinking to bring my P4 next trip out to Florence. Thought about filming the dune riders....anyone know if that is out of the NFZ restrictions for Florence airport and the lake...Whoehink?..they showed up as NFZones on one of my apps. Thx.

Reactions: Jack88
Was thinking to bring my P4 next trip out to Florence. Thought about filming the dune riders....anyone know if that is out of the NFZ restrictions for Florence airport and the lake...Whoehink?..they showed up as NFZones on one of my apps. Thx.

Woahink Lake is fine to fly at, it's more than 5 miles away from the airport, I have flown there before. If you go out on South Jetty South of the Florence Bridge you are more than 5 miles away from the Airport as well. I have had no problem flying around the Florence/Old Town Area.

Reactions: Photoflash

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie