Ordering phantom 2 battery from amazon

The last batter I ordered from amazon was an outdated version with small round connectors. I sent it back and ordered from dji authorized dealer.

I just popped over to Amazon to look and noticed... are they really down to $120 for a single?! I remember paying $159 each for mine

Just be very careful of Amazon vendors. Read their ratings and comments. Lots of fakes on Amazon. I don't like anything that I can't use paypal. I do buy from Amazon from time to time but not stuff like Phantom 2 batteries.

I go to reputable dealers like Acesdeals.biz and use Paypal for protection.

thanks everyone. I'm not sure why it was linking to two batteries. I was just going to get one.

rokit said:
fenris said:
I've ordered all 4 of my spare batteries from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Visio ... +2+battery

Haven't had any issues with them.

that's expensive (by a couple $$$) lol but you can get it for $129 free 3 day shipping from b&h.

it's for a 2-pack....

I have amazon prime so the free 2-day (sometimes comes next day) is worth it for me. They also came in DJI packaging and with DJI print material so I'm 99% sure they're legit.

QYV said:
I just popped over to Amazon to look and noticed... are they really down to $120 for a single?! I remember paying $159 each for mine

I know right.. Any moment now they'll be down to $99 and another Phantom pops up. :lol:

how does this look to you guys?

There was no sticker on the battery that gives you the directions on how to turn on and off the battery.

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 363
Ejazzle said:
it also has the circular contacts

I know there is concern about the pad shape (size) and that it may also indicate the age of the battery (shelf time) but electrically speaking as long as the pins make contact, size and shape don't matter.
Of course the closer to the center contact is made the more reassuring it may be but all things being equal I wouldn't worry about it.

So I fully charged the battery and took it for a flight and only got about 16 minutes before the fast blinking red lights turned on and it started to try and autoland.

Is this normal for a p2 with an H3-3d gimbal and gopro attached?

I get about 16-18 mins from actual liftoff. Then there's the additional 3-4 mins of warmup and satellite acquisition.

I also land as soon as I see the red lights start blinking, at about 33% battery (if memory serves). I've never had my P2 go into an auto-land scenario.

Ejazzle said:
So I fully charged the battery and took it for a flight and only got about 16 minutes before the fast blinking red lights turned on and it started to try and autoland.

that sounds average to me. w/o the FPV and gopro attached i get about 20-25min.

Ejazzle said:

make sure you're on the latest firmware. my P2 was acting that way when I downgraded back to Firmware version 1, when I went back to 3.x it went back to "normal".

There's 2 low battery levels: Warning and Critical. By default they are at 30% and 20% respectively... I don't tend to fly THAT high and I kind of don't want my Phantom going into auto-land so I used the Assistant software and changed mine to 25 and 15%. So the lights on the Phantom start slow blink at 25% (also I'm watching my FPV screen) but it won't go into critical / auto-land (rapid red blinking) until 15% and I never let that happen.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to the latest firmware, when the Phantom hit CRITICAL battery I think it starts descending but you still have lateral control so you can just land anywhere. I believe the latest firmware from earlier this week changes that behavior to trigger Failsafe / Return to home feature where you DON'T have control, it just returns to it's home point and lands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers