Ordered P3P - Hello!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Jordan.

I've been looking at getting a drone for a while and have been following thjis website for a couple of weeks now.

I ordered a Phantom 3 Professional from SLRhut yesterday. I'll be honest, I was so drawn in by the price I didn't undertake proper research into the company (unlike me!). Turns out they aren't based in the UK at all, they're a US company who import products into the UK, so a grey import.

Naturally I panicked when I realised, I've contacted them and they've reassured me everything is fine and my product will be shipped soon. I paid on a credit card, so if something does go wrong, section 75 should help me.

Has anyone on these forums purchased from them, and if so, hopefully put my mind at rest?

Anyway, enough of that! All I can do it wait.

I've wanted a drone for years but have never really had the money to purchase one. I live in the UK, on the South Coast.

I've been following posts on here, reading tips, watching YouTube videos and I'm extremely excited to begin using it!

Are there any important guides or threads in particular on these forums that are worth me reading before I begin flying? I'll make sure I read the manual and use the simulator before my first flight.

I hope to contribute to these forums in the future and hope this is going to be a very enjoyable hobby! :)

Welcome and fly on 'beginners mode' for the 1st week to help keep you out of trouble.

Welcome! I found the simulator to be less than useful. Best advice on trying to get used to the drone I've seen is to practice take off and control landing in an open field (park). I used hula hoops. Take off, rotate about 45 degrees, fly to next hoop and land. Helps with orientation.

I've read good things about SLRhut with the phantom but no personal experience.

Hello everyone, my name is Jordan.

I've been looking at getting a drone for a while and have been following thjis website for a couple of weeks now.

I ordered a Phantom 3 Professional from SLRhut yesterday. I'll be honest, I was so drawn in by the price I didn't undertake proper research into the company (unlike me!). Turns out they aren't based in the UK at all, they're a US company who import products into the UK, so a grey import.

Naturally I panicked when I realised, I've contacted them and they've reassured me everything is fine and my product will be shipped soon. I paid on a credit card, so if something does go wrong, section 75 should help me.

Has anyone on these forums purchased from them, and if so, hopefully put my mind at rest?

Anyway, enough of that! All I can do it wait.

I've wanted a drone for years but have never really had the money to purchase one. I live in the UK, on the South Coast.

I've been following posts on here, reading tips, watching YouTube videos and I'm extremely excited to begin using it!

Are there any important guides or threads in particular on these forums that are worth me reading before I begin flying? I'll make sure I read the manual and use the simulator before my first flight.

I hope to contribute to these forums in the future and hope this is going to be a very enjoyable hobby! :)

don't worry about SLRHUT you'll have no problem with them, I looked at their bundles but they were not quite what I wanted so I rang James on ext314 and explained exactly what I wanted, P3P plus many extras, he sorted it out and I got a really good price, also he gave me free fast delivery, I ordered on a Tuesday it arrived on the Friday, 3 days!!! no import duty or taxes to pay, the price you agree with them is the only price you pay, very well pleased with their service, again don't worry !

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

I have to say, I'm feeling a lot happier now. I spoke to DJI directly, told them exactly who I purchased it from and the fact that it is imported from the USA. They told me that it does not matter which origin country it is from, the UK warranty is still valid. So that's a massive weight off my shoulders!

Now just to wait for it to arrive. I'm literally so excited!

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

I have to say, I'm feeling a lot happier now. I spoke to DJI directly, told them exactly who I purchased it from and the fact that it is imported from the USA. They told me that it does not matter which origin country it is from, the UK warranty is still valid. So that's a massive weight off my shoulders!

Now just to wait for it to arrive. I'm literally so excited!

I told you not to worry, like you I checked with DJI Germany before I bought my p3p and they told me the same, I've got it in writing as well, when you get it you will find that there's no invoice with it (DJI did say that I needed that just in case) so just ring James on ext 314 and he will email you one immediately

hope you enjoy it as much as I do:D

Bought my P3A from them 2 weeks ago. Their service blew me away. Incredible service and great price. Couldn't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

in the past guys on this forum have been dissing SLRHUT but have never had any dealings with them, only going on hearsay, not admissible!!
deal with them first then make a comment !!

I took the advise ofthe shop I ordered my phantom 3 advanced from, picked up a Syma x5c & flew it while waiting for my phantom to arrive. I think this was great advise, got used to the controls & the little Syma takes a licking, crashed it more times than I can count, stuck in a tree for 4 days had no effect on performance. Finally, burned out a motor, new one was 6 bucks, to get a feel for quads, I think flying the syma gave me some insight into this great hobby.
Maybe, the best 60 bucks I have spent., just a heap of fun
That said, the Phantom is a whole new ballgame, not a toy for sure!

Has it arrived yet? I like you am wandering about slrhut......

Has it arrived yet? I like you am wandering about slrhut......

Hi, no it has not arrived yet. I ordered it on Wednesday 8th June and the order processed Thursday 9th June. I didn't pay extra for delivery which means it's 5-8 working days from Thursday 9th. So realistically it could arrive up until the 21st June, but I'm hoping not!

I will update this thread once it has arrived :)

Hi, no it has not arrived yet. I ordered it on Wednesday 8th June and the order processed Thursday 9th June. I didn't pay extra for delivery which means it's 5-8 working days from Thursday 9th. So realistically it could arrive up until the 21st June, but I'm hoping not!

I will update this thread once it has arrived :)

I think the way they work is that if you buy extras they give you free dhl quick delivery, I ordered a couple of extras and got mine in 3 days free delivery, didn't you get a tracking No?

Mine arrived as expected. Fantastic service and so far the P3A I bought is all I imagined and more. I'll defo be using SLRhut in future.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj