Ordered one from DJI, how long does it normally take?

Reaction score
I put in an ordered for Phantom 3 package and some other stuff three days ago, paid instantly via PayPal and haven't seen it ship out yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to get these things out the door? Should I have gone through Amazon instead?

It'll be a few weeks. Should have definitely gone through Amazon instead. 2 day shipping, no hassle return policy, etc.

Wow...didn't know that! I did save about $150 in taxes though. I'm not sure if Amazon had the package deal either. Live and learn I guess.

Amazon has all the deals. 2 day shipping is pretty sweet too.
I bet DJI charged your card immediately meanwhile they won't ship forever. I know they did that when I ordered some accessories from them. I wised up and cancelled and ordered elsewhere.

Last edited:
DJI will sit on your money for a long time. Amazon... all the way.

I guess the question becomes is paying sales tax worth saving the time. I'll look into it.

The only seller charging me tax for a P3 was Amazon itself. There are other sellers with Prime shipping that more than likely wont charge tax.

I originally ordered my P3P directly from DJI, and it wasn't until after it was ordered that found out they process the order immediately, then sit on it for 20 days. It irritated the crap out of me... People spending this kind of money will typically want their purchased product quickly, not almost a month after ordering it. SO I canceled it, ordered via Amazon thru CopterShop, and got it in two days. DJI makes a great product in these Phantoms, but as a company, they just downright suck. Support sucks, contacting them sucks, turn around on anything with them sucks...

Reactions: ecarfar
Thanks Wizaerd....I just checked with Coptershop and the backpack I ordered form DJI is out of stock there so my ordered wouldn't be complete. I had assumed, by ordering it directly from the manufacturer, I had a better chance of getting everything (in stock) and more quickly...I think I might shoot DJI an email and ask how long this is going to take.

Just an update...I contacted dji customer service about the delay and got a standard response they were "reviewing" they order. A few hours later I got a shipping notification and the drone arrived two days later. I guess it pays to complain a bit?

Reactions: bunkphenomenon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl