Orbiting landmarks smoothly...

Reaction score
One of my favourite camera moves is to orbit around objects - so I'm basically flying sideways applying a little left (or right stick) in the opposite direction and then simply holding this to get a nice orbit.

Using the h3-3d you're obviously going to have the gimbal countering your initial yaw until it steadies out. What I'm wondering is though, can you reduce the intensity with which the phantom yaws around it's own axis? I understand gains can be manipulated, but I wonder has anyone else done this?

Not in the software, there's no gain adjustment for yaw attitude gain (which is response to control input rather than response to environmental inputs). You can either physically mod your transmitter externally in some way to limit the throw of the yaw axis, beef up the spring inside to make it harder to push on the yaw axis, if you know what you're doing you can mod the circuit in the transmitter to electronically slow the yaw response (don't ask, that one's way above my pay grade), or you can just keep practicing! :)

Thanks for your response Pull Up...I'll probably just keep practicing, I'm not too bad anyway! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1