Orbit sequences using the P4 Active Track system

Reaction score
ORBIT SEQUENCES USING ACTIVE TRACK.

Directly from Bali Indonesia, I figured I would provide you with some test sequences of the expanded capabilities of the Active Track system. Having the drone follow you is one thing, but using the function to orbit around a moving target is something even the most experienced pilots will recognise as a difficult shot.

The below video has 3 separate sequences where the active track function was used to orbit around moving targets.

My impressions overall is that the tool is amazing. While in Active Track, we can orbit all while changing the altitude and the camera locks in on the subject. Playing with altitude allows for beautiful reveal shots as the camera tilts upwards to reveal the background scenery.

These were low speed moving targets, and I will be testing on something that moves faster and will update.

Having been an avid Inspire 1 user, this function alone makes the purchase of the P4 justifiable as it minimises the time needed to get the shots you need. This translates into more battery time to collect even more footage.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Patrice Gaucher LL.B.
CEO, Aerial Entertainment Studios
Hong Kong

Very cool! I like it! I'm a P3 guy and haven't made the jump to the P4 yet... After you select your subject on screen do you have to manually orbit or can you specify a radius and speed and let it do it on its own?

Very cool! I like it! I'm a P3 guy and haven't made the jump to the P4 yet... After you select your subject on screen do you have to manually orbit or can you specify a radius and speed and let it do it on its own?
For now it's all manual, but it can't be simpler. All you need to do is move the right stick on the RC. This allows you to modify your radius manually. Left stick modifies altitude, the camera automatically does the rest.

I would be reluctant to a fully autonomous orbit around moving targets as the risk of hitting an object increases a lot with the constant change in environment. If the P4 had side object avoidance cameras, then it would probably be ok. That's for the P5 I guess.

Cheers

Patrice

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl