Optimal frame-rate and resolution?

Reaction score
I've compared footage from my vision+ camera with various frames-rates and resolutions, and my impression is that 720P at 60fps yields the smoothest footage. When I up the resolution to 1080, it doesn't look quite as good (higher noise, perhaps?).

Curious to hear what settings you guys prefer for your own video footage from the vision+ camera.

Agreed. 720p@60fps is best. 1080p has too much artefacts and noise and not usable.
1080p is acceptable for amateurisque vids though.

I am using 720P 30fps. Have only had my P3,for one week but found 1080P 60fps to be jerky on playback.

I am shooting on 1080 at 30. beautiful footage. Take a look at the radio's signal meter and see if it is set to auto. If it is look and see which one of the channels is getting the least interference. Set it on custom and go to that channel. Below that you'll see a bar that you can slide that will change the quality dramatically. Mine gave me a choice between four and six and I found out that four was perfect. Give that a shot and see how it goes. I tried shooting in 4k and it was very choppy but I was told that the reason is that mom monitor does not accept 4k so I drop down to 10 ad and have had beautiful results. good luck.

I've compared footage from my vision+ camera with various frames-rates and resolutions, and my impression is that 720P at 60fps yields the smoothest footage. When I up the resolution to 1080, it doesn't look quite as good (higher noise, perhaps?).

Curious to hear what settings you guys prefer for your own video footage from the vision+ camera.
I agree with 720/60. The ability to slow it down and still maintain 30fps is for me a major + (no pun intened). It's hard enough getting the right shot and sometimes you have to play with the speed in post-production to keep things smooth. I just tried 1080/25 today and that seemed (at first glance) to better 1080/30 fwiw...

If you are going to use slowmotion, then you do need a faster frame rate.
But 720 is to poor resolution in our days.
Just learn to fly slower when you film. My best shots are always the slow ones.

If you are going to use slowmotion, then you do need a faster frame rate.
But 720 is to poor resolution in our days.
Just learn to fly slower when you film. My best shots are always the slow ones.
However, slow motion is not the same as flying slowly...
You definately lose some detail when filming at 720, but the improved detail of 1080 is (in my opinion with the P2V+) sometimes at the expense of smoothness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.