Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Opinions on my new video!

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Danteetnad, Sep 26, 2016.

?
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Danteetnad

I just released my newest video which also is my third ever. I like it a lot more than my previous videos and wondering your opinions on it, please give me your thought on it and if you feel the need check out my youtube channel cause why not! Stray Films

2. TheDutchFlyer

Great footage. But buy some lensens. ND4 Lens. To make the sunshine little bit nicer.

3. Danteetnad

Thank you, and trust me i'm working on getting lenses i'm just broke since I did recently buy the drone and lenses are not cheap!

4. TheDutchFlyer

Nah, around 8$ each. Thats not that much if you spend a lot on a bird.

5. Danteetnad

Where did you find them for $8? The cheapest I found were like $25ish for 3 but I still don't even have $25 but I didn't really realize that you are getting 3

6. Cobs

Load it into the GoPro Studio and try the ProTune filter and play with the settings ;)

7. Danteetnad

Ok

8. Peter_Envy

I agree with the ND filters, they made a world of difference on my videos. But otherwise I enjoy your videos overall.

9. Danteetnad

Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

10. skyacramer

A visually stunning video, but don't forget to mix the video and the audio together, not just throwing music behind a video.

11. G Lee

Great vid. Did you use a Orbit feature to keep the bog center or free hand?

glee

12. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

If you are you to constructive criticism, here are a few thoughts? These are meant to be constructive in nature and should not be construed as only criticism.

Length: 4 minutes+ is very long and it is hard to keep people focused for that long. I doubt many people got to the end of the video. You can probably validate that by looking at your video stats. Our company now only produces videos sub 3 minutes because we noticed a clear drop in views after the 2:30 mark. Something you might want to consider.

Music: Generally, try to match the music to the type of content you are shooting. Music acts as an emotional trigger and in this specific case, I don't see the link between the footage and the music.

Shot duration: Somewhat related to the first point, try to show the best parts of specific sequences. I was ok with about 20 seconds of the orbit shot around the lake, but after 90 seconds of the same sequence, I was really looking forward to moving on. Keep it to the best parts.

Grading: Footage from our aerial cameras is notoriously bad and without manual intervention to upgrade the overall look, colours will look faded. This is the case throughout the video and your footage would benefit from grading in post production. This is a different skill set of course, but taking the time to grade the footage will make a huge difference in the output.

Overall: This is a very good start for someone who has not had a lot of practice and displays potential. Keep up the good work and feel free to post your future work as well.

Cheers

13. Danteetnad

Thank you for your opinion I will try my best to fit all this new knowledge into my next video

14. skyacramer

cant wait to see what you come up with next! ;)

15. Danteetnad

What do you mean by that? I used it so you could get a view of everything around there, but I know I should have just put it clips of it that show some key features.

16. skyacramer

he means when you were flying circles around the pond did you use any features to keep it centered.

17. Danteetnad

I know what orbit mode is and I used that other than that no I don't think I did I had GPS mode on

18. ANTON PRINSLOO

Great video. Thanks for sharing