Opinion on DBS storage

Reaction score
I have the blurex phantom storage case and I love it. However, we know the rc and dbs wont fit inside when assembled. My concern is, how many times can I take the coaxes on and off before I ruin one? I'm thinking about buying another case just big enough to accommodate the rc and dbs assembled and making a custom foam insert. I may as well mod the case. My thought is to get something like an ammo can for the rc and physically attaching it to the blurex kind of like an exterior compartment. Paint it black to match the case and using the void in the blurex for the prop guards and other miscellaneous items.

Thought?

I was thinking about one of those soft side lunch boxes for mine.

Attachments

• dora-the-explorer-insulated-lunch-bag.jpg
    dora-the-explorer-insulated-lunch-bag.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 335
Reactions: dan84uk and Dazzauk
Thats an idea. I'm think hard sided for protection, but would be a lighter weight option. Thanks.

Did you do the clean install on the dbs? I find removing and installing the panel to the rc very easy and have no worries about the cables failing.

Did you do the clean install on the dbs? I find removing and installing the panel to the rc very easy and have no worries about the cables failing.
Dangit! Guess I missed that. Can you post a pic?

IMG_0024.JPG

Reactions: Dwight1
So it looks like you're using a shorter thicker coax. That looks much better. Link to those coaxes?

IMG_0025.JPG
A pic in the case. Panel sits on top of rc cutout and top closes with no excess pressure on panel or props.

Reactions: Unit505
So it looks like you're using a shorter thicker coax. That looks much better. Link to those coaxes?
Cables came with the clean install kit from MaxxUAV.

Cables came with the clean install kit from MaxxUAV.
OK. I may hit up my local radio shop this weekend and see if he can make me some cables. I usually do my own radio coax, but this being tiny and my eyes being old....lol

Reactions: KayJay
There's probably a layer of foam under the controller. Have you thought about cutting that out? That's what I had to do to my SKB case to make my controller fit with the ARGtek base. I put a very thin layer of foam in the bottom for protection. Everything fit perfectly after I did that.

With the DBS mod installed, it takes up much more realastate than the argtek.

OK....It's not the prettiest, but I made the DBS and RC work in the Blurex Case. I lost a spare battery compartment, but I'm okay with that. Love this case! Here is what I've squeezed into it;
1. Aircraft
2. DBS modded RC
3. ARGtek 10db Omni
4. (2) Amazon 10db Omni
5. Wall charger
6. Car Charger
7. USB wall charger and cord
8. Three Alfa Flat panels
9. Tablet extension
10. 3 batteries
11. 4 spare props
12. Memory cards/reader
13. Spare gimbal cushions
14. Prop removal tool
15. Flat and Phillips screwdriver
16. Lens filters and adapter

Still no room for the prop guards, but I'm working on that!

Attachments

• IMG_20170308_084520231.jpg
    IMG_20170308_084520231.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 267

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic