Operating Rates?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

What is the operating rate for yourself and the rental of the phantom 3 for a 10 hour shoot day? Shooting for television and or film?

Hey everyone,

What is the operating rate for yourself and the rental of the phantom 3 for a 10 hour shoot day? Shooting for television and or film?
make sure you get all the permits and paper work to do this before you start chargeing for filming.

Hey, i just threw a number out there! Calm it down!!!! I don't have an exemption or any of that ******** so whatever

Hey, i just threw a number out there! Calm it down!!!! I don't have an exemption or any of that ******** so whatever
You do realize that some folks do come in here to ask serious questions... everything is not a joke.

Reactions: JBG
I charge £600 / $900 a day with the P3, being on set up to 10 hours yes, not flying 10 hours. Nice figure but not to forget that Production companies, TV or film will only use you if you are properly licensed, properly insured, registered professional with industry successful past experience. You have to establish a pre deployment survey, including notifications to authorities and pre and onsite risk assessment.You need as well some redundancy, (second bird?), batteries, SD cards, laptop to transfer, external HDD etc. You need to provide proper monitoring for the director/producer (they don't want to look over your shoulder). That's a lot to consider when calculating the price. Then starts the job itself:
Based on what I saw on a website, you can hire a inspire for £150 dry. then they were charging £300 for the operator. and I think the spotter deserve £150 for his day. you arrive at £600.+taxes.
But don't get too excited, TV's mostly prefer to use an hexa/octo with a GH4 or a 5DMk III. Films are using heavy lifters and Red / ARRI cameras... Not phantoms.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiaRosa
Thanks for the info.

I charge £600 / $900 a day with the P3, being on set up to 10 hours yes, not flying 10 hours. Nice figure but not to forget that Production companies, TV or film will only use you if you are properly licensed, properly insured, registered professional with industry successful past experience. You have to establish a pre deployment survey, including notifications to authorities and pre and onsite risk assessment.You need as well some redundancy, (second bird?), batteries, SD cards, laptop to transfer, external HDD etc. You need to provide proper monitoring for the director/producer (they don't want to lurk over your shoulder). That's a lot to consider when calculating the price. Then starts the job itself:
Based on what I saw on a website, you can hire a inspire for £150 dry. then they were charging £300 for the operator. and I think the spotter deserve £150 for his day. you arrive at £600.+taxes.
But don't get too excited, TV's mostly prefer to use an hexa/octo with a GH4 or a 5DMk III. Films are using heavy lifters and Red / ARRI cameras...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl