Operating Frequency Question?

Reaction score
Hi Guys I'm obviously new here and enjoying the incredible information you have made available. I couldn't find the dumb question section so I'm posting here. I'm an old flyer and flew fixed wing RC aircraft over twenty years ago and feel like a I just woke-up in a scene from "Back to the Future" with Hover Boards!

I didn't see any information in the manual about assigning frequencies to individual aircraft. Can two flyers use the same frequency without issues or interference?

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks, I've witnessed the carnage caused by a member switching on a radio at a flying field without pulling a freq flag! :eek:

Hi Badfinger! And welcome.
I have heard about those days for coloured flags for different frequencies.
These radios we have today frequency hop so fast that cross talk between aircraft doesn't happen.
I accept your no beginner but watching a video or three of these guys will bring you up to speed with this new stuff.

Reactions: AntiiMatter
Thanks Farmer, the folks here are great!

Here's what I used to fly:

Brid-M.jpg

scan0003-S.jpg

scan0017-S.jpg

You can see a frequency flag in the next pic on the end of the radio antenna:
IMG_8959-M.jpg

Imagine what would happen if these guys got their frequencies mixed-up, hits off metal roofs and buildings was bad enough. Looking back I don't know how we flew as well as we did!
IMG_9094-c01-L.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik