Operating Frequencies and Antennas

Reaction score
So I understand that the FPV/Camera operates on 2.4GHz with multiple channels. The RC to AC traffic is on 5.8GHz band. Which antenna is the 2.4GHz and which is 5.8GHz?

How do antenna upgrades such as MaxxUAV, flat panel style, compensate as a 5.8GHz as well as 2.4GHz antenna?

How are 2.4GHz boosters/amps used to boost 5.8GHz signal?

Am I missing something?

You are missing it. Different RC plains quad copters ,and such use different signals.
P3P uses 2.4ghz on both the rc,and video link.
Which phantom are you asking about? So we here can help you.

Ramphex - I believe you have or are interested in a P4? There is no 5.8 Ghz signal used with the P4. Hope this helps.

Any idea what the 5.8 is for then? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 423
P4 uses 2.4ghz only. For both air craft and video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No. I'm referring to the plastic legs on the bird.

If you have a P4, you really don't need to concern yourself with 5.8 - unless you're just curious...

It sounds like you don't quite understand Lightbridge and you're trying to make sense of it. I think a lot of people don't have a clear understanding of it and that would include me. You might do a google search and just read everything you can on it so that you have some sort of basic understanding.

Ok. Since you're curious of the 5.8 ghz, the crafts that use 5.8 have a 5.8 transmitter on control and have an antenna. The bird has receiving antennas and a receiver for the 5.8. This is used for controling the bird. In fact, the bird can be flown around just fine without even bothering with the app.

In addition, the gimbal control on the P2V+ (and I suppose the P3S) uses the 5.8 signal.

Those crafts also use 2.4 for video, telemetry, and camera operation and that's two-way communication, so both the control and the bird have transceivers, and each also have two additional 2.4 antennas.

2.4 is also used to communicate between the controller and the mobile device, but that's a different 2.4 frequency.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4