Operating Camera While Handheld folded-UP

Reaction score
What are the chances that the Mavic can be used as a hand held gimbled camera, meaning fold the arms in and use the camera function. Would be great if there was a attachable handle to the mavic that would also hold the smart phone, sure it is no Karma removable camera and gimble but would sure be hand.

I realize one issue is the blade motors do not have a built in switch when arms folded so there cold be that accidental blade activation while folded.

Any Thoughts or 3D printers out there to make the handle, if so Here is the 1st customer. This might really shut down the Karma

I'm looking for an answer to this as well. I saw an Amazon that a seller simply replied "yes" to this question but who knows if that's truly accurate.

On that note I am wondering if maybe there is some sort of sensor when you unfold the arms which activates the gimbal. I would definitely assume there has to be such a thing because otherwise what if you tried to start the props while its folded up??

It would be HUGE if we could use the gimbal with everything folded up, the removable gimbal is the only thing the Mavic is missing and where the Karma has one positive on the Mavic

We're told it will...no sensors in the arms. Discussed here and a few times before

It might be confused by starting up and then being moved around, I wouldn't proceed to open the arms and take off without a full reboot.
I've seen (on ebay?) a purpose made handle or cradles to use a phantom like this more easily.

Maybe someone will come up with a camera and gimbal you unplug and can hold on a stick :innocent:

Remove the props if you are going to use the mavic as camcorder. The worst that will happen is you will get your hipster beard caught in the motors.

I spoke to a DJI customer rep and specifically asked the question... Can the Mavic be used as a hand held gimballed camera while holding the drone with the arms folded. The answer was yes, the camera can be turned on and used with the arms folded in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl